Bear River Gold

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got a chance to run up to one of favorite river spots. Thought I should take my toy sluice since the drought is bad. I will never leave the Bazooka home again! Classifying is plain lame folks. I am sure I could have got 2015-09-13 15.11.47.jpg alot more!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2015-09-13 15.11.12.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2015-09-13 15.12.28.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Forgot to include the crystal I found! Almost left it in my shorts! I bet that would rattle around in the dryer! 2015-09-13 16.01.12.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2015-09-13 16.15.14.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That last pic was just too good to pass up...what a beautiful setting
to spend the day in!

2015-09-13 16.15.14-2.jpg

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Golden view for sure! Thanks Dizz!

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bear river near Colfax.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice Pickers from the Serene Spot. A bazooka would have cleaned it all up and had you home early. Bazooka, never leave home without it.

OP
OP
Aufisher

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For sure Mojo! I got spoiled having the zook. Never wanna go back!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well how about you transplant that river down here Au? I'm starting to need a "Green" fix out here in the desert and some nice gold at the same time would be even better. Will be going up to see Jeff and Del Norter (and anyone else that wants to join us) next summer but not sure if I can last that long.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden,
California might not last that long if any more fires start. Attempting to walk through a burned forest is a nightmare, like trying to walk through a pile of "pickup sticks" only they are downed trees. Then of course there are the 'dead falls', if one falls on you likely you are now dead. Hope you make it out there at any time!

PICT0712.JPG Just all kinds a fun there..................63bkpkr

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh I know EXACTLY what you mean! I grew up in So Cal and have seen the annual BBQ many times. I've seen fires burn form the Julian area almost all the way to the coast. One year it was so bad that they were asking for help from the high school seniors as support staff. I've seen my home town surrounded by fire more than once which is pretty bad considering that the airport there is the San Diego County base for the fire bombers.

There was one really bad fire season that was being blamed on an arsonist. The sheriff had everyone watching for any one suspicious and only asked that we leave enough of them to prosecute.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
golden,
I find it so interesting that you spoke about Julian, what a nice town as well as the surrounding apple orchards (also of course all the old mining activity in the area)! I've been there a couple of times as a tourist and never got out into the hills but I wanted to.

Yes, when CA burns it really burns. Part of the NFAR burned in 2008 and made a real mess of things. What is going on now in NorCal is even worse as its taking lives and homes. The forests of NorCal are chocked with So Much Fuel, both dead as well as hanging low to the ground, that when it lights up it becomes very hot, the winds start and it really takes off!

Take care all.....................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread