Bearfoot Gold!?

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know about Bearfoot gold mine, But Thermal City Gold mine near Union Mills, NC, on hwy 221 is pretty good. They are reasonable and have any and all kinds of equipment to rent or purchase. There are several other public gold mines on that same stretch of 221. I have worked all of them, and I believe Thermal City has the richest paydirt, and best equipment of the lot.

These pay to pan sites typically bring in the paydirt from mines off site for you to run through high bankers or trommels. Some loads obviously are better than others. As far as dredging or panning the river goes, I do not believe it is salted, so all you get is whatever deposit is left there from recent flooding or what was missed by other prospectors.

The best bet is to get a load of paydirt and then run it through a high banker, either yours, or they will rent you one and show you how to use it, a great way to learn the ropes if you are just getting started.

Lloyd Nanney is the owner and he really knows his stuff :thumbsup:
Check out their website.
http://www.huntforgold.com/

GG~

mr007s

Sep 8, 2007
Where the pavement ends in NC
goldfever1978 said:
Hello all,
Since I currently do not have my own dredging equipment, I have to got to pay sites and rent. I was thinking of trying Bearfoot gold in Robbins NC. Has anyone been there? I'm just wondering if it's worth the almost 2 hour ride. Thanks :dontknow: ;D

Hello GF'78

Please take a look at the BearFoot web site. Wylie has ceased operation to the public for now. Some situations may be available to visit with a Kodiak member(previous member with clout). Check the site to review the situation.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Bearfoot Gold is a great place! Unfortunately, as mentioned above, it has had to be shut down for now. If they open back up to the public in the future, I highly recommend that you visit the place!

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread