Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you can live with some beaten up hammereds...it's such a killer field and still producing! :icon_thumleft:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like is a short cross, nice finds regardless of implement damage, is that what's referred to as an acorn mount?

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaten up or not those are some nice finds thanks for sharing.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, damaged or not!

Happy Hunting 2015

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
must be pretty exciting, pulling out the finds that you guys across the pond are able to find. it is sad that the plow got to them 1st but it could be a lot worse I guess. you have history from your own people, vikings and romans...maybe a little German thrown in too. I guess every land is rich in history of some sort, it is just cool seeing it being revealed like this.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes peeperj, don't usually find them with the stalk on though.

Now I'm a Peeperj :laughing7: Been called worse.

That's what kind of threw me off having the stalk intact still, very nice find and condition.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
must be pretty exciting, pulling out the finds that you guys across the pond are able to find. it is sad that the plow got to them 1st but it could be a lot worse I guess. you have history from your own people, vikings and romans...maybe a little German thrown in too. I guess every land is rich in history of some sort, it is just cool seeing it being revealed like this.
Yes dirtlooter, can take it for granted at times. We can and do find artifacts and coins from all periods of our rich history.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picture knights in shining armor galloping on horseback through a field at dusk. One has a burlap sack full of silver coins on the back of his horse. Suddenly - an ambush! A group of thieves has engaged them in combat! The knights fight off the thieves but their sack of coins has been torn in the skirmish. Silver coins lay scattered everywhere. One of the knights fashions a torch. Through the flickering orange light they see their silver coins shimmering in darkness all over the field. The ground is wet this night and many of the coins have been covered by mud. The Knights scoop up as many coins as they can find and return to their castle.

For the next few days the King orders his subordinates to conduct a thorough search to recover as many of the coins as possible. After several days the king is pleased, 99% of the coins have been recovered.

This is how I'd like to think those silver coins got into that field, though it probably happened in a much less exciting way... like a peasant dropping his coin purse wile digging up a turnip.

s.tan

Aug 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me
I picture knights in shining armor galloping on horseback through a field at dusk. One has a burlap sack full of silver coins on the back of his horse. Suddenly - an ambush! A group of thieves has engaged them in combat! The knights fight off the thieves but their sack of coins has been torn in the skirmish. Silver coins lay scattered everywhere. One of the knights fashions a torch. Through the flickering orange light they see their silver coins shimmering in darkness all over the field. The ground is wet this night and many of the coins have been covered by mud. The Knights scoop up as many coins as they can find and return to their castle.

For the next few days the King orders his subordinates to conduct a thorough search to recover as many of the coins as possible. After several days the king is pleased, 99% of the coins have been recovered.

This is how I'd like to think those silver coins got into that field, though it probably happened in a much less exciting way... like a peasant dropping his coin purse wile digging up a turnip.

Fantastic story! You have a great imagination and literary talent, to boot.

Amazing finds, by the way, robfinds!

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds!!!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tough break but at least you found them! :thumbsup:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted on your old thread of the gold hammered coin. You never posted an updated photo after you got it back from being straightened. How did it turn out?

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
I posted on your old thread of the gold hammered coin. You never posted an updated photo after you got it back from being straightened. How did it turn out?
Hello Nathan, I posted a picture repaired back then (a few years ago). The picture I have now, is trapped inside my old lap top. I need to get a power lead for it. Would be time consuming but you could look back through treasure net.
Robert.

Robert.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done it's still producing, I'll swap you my options this time of year. We are in prospecting mode.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax

I can't say much about the site (loose lips sink ships) :laughing7:.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread