paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They just plowed the field where I found the native american points so I figured I'd walk through and see if I could find some more. Unfortunately the dust hasn't been washed off yet so I switched to the metal detector and I'm very glad I did!

DSC09947.JPG DSC09948.JPG DSC09949.JPG

The plow must have pulled this up because it was only two inches from the surface and I've covered this spot before. I have no idea what it's from, but it's definitely silver. The back only has the "65656" mark, but the front has incredibly detailed etchings. I'm hoping the experts out there can help me identify it!

It was a short hunt, but there were a few other odd finds and a pretty button that's a new style for me.

DSC09946.JPG DSC09952.JPG DSC09954.JPG

There was also this strange tag. At first I thought it was a dog license, but it looks like it corresponds to John. L. Hayes Construction Co. and I found a bunch of NY state bid documents from the 1920's that mentions them as a bidder. Not sure what this tag would have been used for though or how it ended up in the capital region. :dontknow:

DSC09950.JPG DSC09951.JPG

All-in-all a great hunt!

Upvote 12

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a clue as to what she is but she sure is purdy. I'm sure someone will chime in on it. Congrats to you Mister.

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I am no help but it was definitely meant to be seen. I hope someone can chime in. Congrats!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

davemihm

Feb 1, 2015
Mcminnville or
Detector(s) used
Whites xl Pro 6000 , MX Sport. Coin Master pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Yonkers tag looks like a tool chip , used when checking tools out of the tool crib at a construction site.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

trancedigger23

Greenie
Apr 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never found any buttons before but that's a cool one I would I definitely hold on to for the collection. That odd looking silver round you also found there is a real piece of treasure, I would be so excited if I found something like that.

I'm Hoping

Feb 19, 2017
Ft.Myers, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 old pocket watches and one has a similar design and the diameter is a lot smaller than the other two.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very nice, congrats on the siver

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packet watch back, but it is a little odd.

OP
OP
P

paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the back of a pocket watch

I was thinking that too; the motif is very similar to Victorian pocket watch backs and maybe the 65656 just happens to be a palindromic serial number. It's perfectly flat though with not a trace of a hinge or mounting point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions