Beautiful calm evening in the water last night - ring return!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Spent the afternoon yesterday recovering at the beach with my family. There were lots of swimmers yesterday given the heat, so I decided to head back over for an evening hunt. Shortly after I got started, a woman approached me and said her husband had lost his wedding ring playing football in the water several hours earlier, and if I found it would I call them. I told her I'd look for it right then and moved to where he thought he'd lost it. He is a mechanic by trade, so he chose a tungsten carbide wedding band for himself - not real valuable, but significant sentimental value to them. Their daughter had been diving with a mask for a couple hours trying to find it.

It took me about 30 to 45 minutes, but I found it while they were still at the beach. Here's a picture of the happy husband (left) with his ring back. Sorry I don't have a closeup of the ring. It was big and heavy and cool looking though.

I was surprised when he came back to the water a bit later and handed me what looked like a folded up $20. When I got to the car I realized it was three folded up $20s. That was unexpected and unnecessary, and very generous of them. I'll put it towards a nice dinner with my family.

a2a2aa89.jpg

Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How cool, that is what I like about this hobby... chance to find some interesting stuff AND the chance to help people out at the same time. Good for you!
Cliff

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice but also shows that he was grateful for the ring return.

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions