Beautiful day, ugly detecting

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Lowbatts said:
Hit the gold mines, worked one of the fields I haven't cleared, too many beer cans a foot deep there, got a couple bucks clad, no bling. But it's nice out there today, enjoy!

The cans are a pain at the beach, but even worse when you have to put the effort in and dig a plug for them in the turf. I feel your pain.

You coming out with us one of these days to hit the woods?

Joe

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, I know what you mean. . . clad in the park is money too :tongue3:

As Joe said, anytime you want to hit the woods out hear just give a shout :)

Take care,
Mark

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Congrats on your buckets full of clad Tim!

I like to dig surface cans, especially when they are the pull tab style. There could be some LOOT under them! I dug one today actually :)

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
twistidd said:
Lowbatts said:
Hit the gold mines, worked one of the fields I haven't cleared, too many beer cans a foot deep there, got a couple bucks clad, no bling. But it's nice out there today, enjoy!

The cans are a pain at the beach, but even worse when you have to put the effort in and dig a plug for them in the turf. I feel your pain.

You coming out with us one of these days to hit the woods?

Joe
Nah, you proved they're all hunted out already...Doh!

Sundays are now my travel days again. If I don't get my bottle dumps cleared by then I'll look forward to it. Lemme know when and where. We gonna get the mighty Goio, Tman, Murph and Rich together for a grand tour sometime this year?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Mike - IL said:
Our park lawn mowers love to chop up aluminum cans rather than pick them up. I dig a lot of can slaw! HH

I've shown enough can slaw to the park guys around here so they're educated about it now. Most of them actually caught on to the fact that cans are not naturally occcuring and do not need to be trimmed with the grass. But a new summer approaches and a new group of lawn massacre-ists will be on hand requiring more admonishment and education.

My work is never done...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread