Beautiful Halfpenny Token

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a late start today and had to meet up with a couple hunting buddies that had already spent a couple hours in the woods looking for a foundation. They were unsuccessful finding that one but there was a foundation right where they entered the woods so I met them there. Dropped my coil to the ground and in less than two minutes I had a crisp 12-46 tone in my headphones. At about 5 inches deep this popped out of the ground. She's got a little jammy on her but it doesn't look fresh so I'm pretty sure I didn't do it. I love the deep green color.

DSCN1188.JPG DSCN1189.JPG

DSCN1196.JPG DSCN1197.JPG

Got permission on a foundation that's near an existing home a little later and a few more things popped up. Half of a Victorian era sash buckle, a three ringer, an ornate pocket watch cover piece, a harmonica reed and a toy farmall tractor that I'm actually thinking about restoring. If I could get the axles and wheels all it would take would be a coat of paint and she'd be good as new.

DSCN1194.JPG DSCN1195.JPG

DSCN1193.JPG DSCN1192.JPG

Thanks for looking. HH.

-Rob-

Upvote 19

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
One thing about living in New England, so close to Canada we can find just about anything. I have several Canadian coins/tokens that I have dug over the years. I get just as excited over the Canadian Tokens as I do a USA Large Cent.
Great condition, great find!

VPR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread