Beautiful Mother Lode weekend

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back from a great weekend in the Sierras. I don't want to go back to work. why do my pics turn sideways when I attach them? IMG_0604.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0575.JPG

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking great!

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold, looks beautiful up there.
I would suspect that the file size of the photos may have something to do with them showing up sideways
try opening them in MS paint select Image/resize put in 80% for horizontal and the same for vertical then save.
you will notice the file size has shrunk dramatically, also makes it easier to e-mail a photo if its a smaller file size.

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my kid tells me to turn the phone sideways when I click and the format should work out.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcordell,
Nice gold nice pictures! How was the bright yellow stuff in your pan found: digging or detecting or some combination?
Thank you for posting your trip, finds and photos - they help one who is not able to go out at this time...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
M

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some of the time I use the Whites to detect a picker, but most of the time I use it to figure out where the black sand is laying down. Then it's shovel and classify. I choke the Keene with material adjusting flow and feed according to the behavior of each bucket making very small adjustments as I go.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most interesting! I have used mine to confirm if there was anything in the 5 gallon bucket worth processing any further, if no zip zip then I filled another bucket and repeated the test with the GMT. I had a spot on the gravel bar that had no signal in it, I would dump my 5 Gallon bucket sample on the no signal spot and then test it with the detector. I did sample the no signal piles and indeed found zero gold in them. The positive zip zip piles all had gold in them.

Yup! My bet is it's all green muck! I'd forgotten about that part of slow water. If one wants drinking water from the river then filtering it is the safest way to go.

One relatively simple green year, I set myself up on the downriver side of a fairly small boulder that was out in what would have been fast water under early summer conditions but was now dry though not far down there was water.

I dug and immediately classified to 1/16" into a 5 gallon bucket, dumped the completely washed larger rocks onto the dry riverbed and panned the cons. I got some gold out of the cons, looked at the pile and admitted to myself that if there was any larger gold it would be in that pile. If I'd had a GMT then it would have sounded off nicely as I did find a small nugget it the pile via Quick panning..........63bkpkr

Enjoy!..............63bkpkr

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread