Beautiful old ring found, and my oldest wheatie!

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
I was hunting an old park that I have hunted with Mirage and his son Nate before, only this time my son Spencer and I were hunting another end of the park. We were following what once was a road, and now is just a standing line of old oaks heading into a wooded area.
About 100 ft into the woods I got a nice tone that bounced around between dime and quarter and had a solid lock on depth at 6".
It was difficult to pinpoint as a dead tree covered part of the area. Spencer and I moved the deadwood together and I scraped the pinpoint area clean with my shoe, and now got a great center.
I was fairly excited because how nice the pinpoint was and the depth, indicating to me that it might be a silver coin!
At about 5" I popped out a really nice old silver ring with 11 small diamonds. The stones do appear real under a loupe, but who knows? The setting certainly looks old.
Lending to it's age, less than 5ft away at about the same depth I got a 1909 Wheatie!...knowing that the S minted ones with V.D.B. on them are valuable, I couldn't wait to get home and clean it, as all I could make out was the date.
Hours later...the ring was cleaned and polished, and the penny was NOT an S or a V.D.B.
Still, it's my oldest wheat.

HH all!

Attachments

• ring1909wheat.jpg
    ring1909wheat.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 678
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread