Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooler weather here in Oklahoma makes the wildlife really start moving around in the evenings, especially the whitetail deer. Saw one big bachelor group of bucks---probably 10 or 15 bucks in the group.....and they all had some nice horns growing out of their heads ;D . Also saw some quail and right before dark my daughter took a picture of a buck highlighted against the evening sky. After a miserable, long, hot summer, it sure makes me thankful for the cool days of Fall.
Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• IMG_1285 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_1285 (650x433).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_1289 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_1289 (650x433).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1353 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_1353 (650x433).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1370 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_1370 (650x433).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1398 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_1398 (650x433).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1399 (650x433).jpg
    IMG_1399 (650x433).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 322

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures And Thank you for My New Background Picture!!! The last Picture Of the Buck He Is Great!!!! HH Chug

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Great pictures And Thank you for My New Background Picture!!! The last Picture Of the Buck He Is Great!!!! HH Chug
Thank you, Chug :hello: ! Glad you're using that for your background picture :thumbsup: . He is a nice little buck and one of our "regulars" that is coming in to feed by our house every evening. He really likes that corn we've been putting out for him :D .

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Your daughter has a great eye for subjects. Those pictures of the buck against the night sky are fabulous! Looks like something you would see in a hunting magazine. She would have a good career in photography. All the pics are just wonderful.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
huntress104 said:
Your daughter has a great eye for subjects. Those pictures of the buck against the night sky are fabulous! Looks like something you would see in a hunting magazine. She would have a good career in photography. All the pics are just wonderful.
Thanks huntress....She loves photography and has had a couple of her pics published in Outdoor Oklahoma magazine(in the readers photography showcase). She loves to take animal pics and the place where we live gives her countless opportunities to do so. She never leaves the house without her camera :wink: .
:hello:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics as always. I bet Josie has one all picked out for the upcoming season. Cant wait to see the pics later in the fall. Take care. :hello:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
Great pics as always. I bet Josie has one all picked out for the upcoming season. Cant wait to see the pics later in the fall. Take care. :hello:
Hey mainer--we've been wondering about you :hello: . Yep, Josie has been doing some pre-deer season scouting and has already found a buck she wants to harvest during muzzleloader season(black powder). He's a real beauty.....Here's a pic. of the one she's scheming on ;D .
Good to hear from ya :icon_sunny: .
Carmon~~

Attachments

• IMG_0999 (650x644).jpg
    IMG_0999 (650x644).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0997 (650x548).jpg
    IMG_0997 (650x548).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 252

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
:D those bucks are gorgous!, tell her 'good luck' I've been enjoying the weather too, can't get enough of it! Are you seeing an increase in quail up there? "Cause I've been seeing much bigger coveys this summer than I have in years. That would be nice...

love the sunset pic, so peaceful :icon_thumleft:

lisa

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
:D those bucks are gorgous!, tell her 'good luck' I've been enjoying the weather too, can't get enough of it! Are you seeing an increase in quail up there? "Cause I've been seeing much bigger coveys this summer than I have in years. That would be nice...

love the sunset pic, so peaceful :icon_thumleft:

lisa
Yes, we are seeing bigger coveys of quail---we saw a big bunch the other day that had at least 15 or 20 birds in it. There was a time when we would see just 3 or 4 at the most.
Thanks Lisa!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. That girl's pics represent Oklahoma as we know it, and not the Great American Desert most folks think it is. I still ain't leavin the mountains though. Glad it's cooling down. We already had some frost, but not a killin frost here at 9200ft. anyway. Quite a bit of rain, but no snow yet.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Great pics. That girl's pics represent Oklahoma as we know it, and not the Great American Desert most folks think it is. I still ain't leavin the mountains though. Glad it's cooling down. We already had some frost, but not a killin frost here at 9200ft. anyway. Quite a bit of rain, but no snow yet.
You're right, most people think of Oklahoma as a desert and don't realize how beautiful the eastern part of the state is with all the tall grass and cross timbers--not to mention the beautiful Osage hills.
I'm so glad to see the hot summer gone! If we had summers like that every year, it might start to look like a desert around here.
Gonna be a hard winter on the cattle ranchers--almost no grass and the creeks and ponds are dry. We are praying for rain!

Thanks RGINN :hello: Take care!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UncleVinnys said:
Wow, someone's got a good eye for photography too!
Thanks UncleVinnys--my daughter loves photography and looks for neat things to take pics of.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
I cant decide which is my favorite, they all are great pics !
Thanks Allen :hello: --the deer pictures will always be my favorite. I love watching those animals!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread