Beautiful weather allowed me to end the year on a silver note!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather today was sunny, and warm in the high 60's. Hard to believe such a nice day for the last day of December. I wanted to spend the entire day out detecting, but I did the responsible thing and took down the Christmas lights, tree, decorations, and got everything put away first. That left me with a few hours of afternoon daylight to get out with my E-trac. I decided to find a new spot to try, and I decided on a brand new park in an old part of town. Tons of junk and a very tough go but I came out with a 1939 Merc in great shape! I really wished I had taken video of the signal because it was the classic "junk silver" response. In fact, I couldn't pinpoint it for the surrounding trash, and I could only get a halfway clean tone doing the "Minelab wiggle" in one tiny spot. Sure enough, there it was about 5 - 6 inches deep. A nice way to end the year.

Still playing with the new camera, I'll get a pic posted soon. Hopefully the video too.

Maybe I can start New Year's day with a silver too!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, lets see how these come out. OK, they come out so well in the editing for upload. It is at least in EF condition.

Edit- Ahh, that looks a little better.

Attachments

• silver front.JPG
    silver front.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 346
  • coin back large.JPG
    coin back large.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 297

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used