BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER

Half-Hound

Jun 22, 2010
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
My Nose
March 3, 2011
Los Angeles, California

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER – And I’ve always had very low standards. Half-Hound is easy to please.

I went through a box of halves this evening – of course I didn’t find much (1965, 1967 & 1968). I did find a 1980 D that had been milled on one side. And I am including in this photograph a sample of the very beautiful bicentennial coins I found. I know they’re only clad, but they’re toned and appear completely uncirculated. I will keep these.

Last week I found a double-sided Kennedy half. It had two reverse sides. I doubt if it is a genuine error coin – but it is an interesting piece. Has anyone else every found these?

Half-Hound

2011 Silver Totals: 70 Silver Halves (16 90% and 54 40%) and 11 Silver Dimes – Also, several wheat-back cents.

Attachments

• LITE March 3rd, 2011.jpg
    LITE March 3rd, 2011.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Your double sided half is a "magicians coin" made by a novelty company. Your 1980D milled coin is one half of those magician coins.

i get a bunch of the uncirc rainbow toned bic halves where i am...wish i could keep them, but dont have enough $$$...and yes, i got one of the two-tailed kennedy's once...cool finds!!! keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back