Fisher F70
thumbnail

1714768055909.png

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it's fresh, he'll keep working on it till that tree falls. Beaver just love those tender shoots growing fresh up at the treetop. :laughing7:

gettothepoints

Apr 29, 2022
PA
We watched a beaver stuff himself to the gills on the lake one day. The way he ate them was unreal. He then collected a bunch in his mouth, swam under the water into his lodge and then you could hear the babies and the mom in there eating on them. Quite adorable if I’m being honest.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WT..that tree's life can be measured in hours once that big boy gets back to hacking it down. Gonna be some feasting in the lodge tonight...
eating-02.gif

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We watched a beaver stuff himself to the gills on the lake one day. The way he ate them was unreal. He then collected a bunch in his mouth, swam under the water into his lodge and then you could hear the babies and the mom in there eating on them. Quite adorable if I’m being honest.

Come summer, they'll start planning for the next winter and begin cutting all those top branches off, then drag them down into their pond and stuffing the stems into the mud. That way when the pond freezes over they're still got plenty of groceries saved up. :icon_thumright:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
One of my creeks went from about 18” depth to a veritable lake due to beavers. The problem for me is that they remove a bark ring from the biggest oaks on the property; eventually killing them.
I believe in letting nature do its thing, but I gave a guy permission to trap up to 6 beavers.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That shot was taken in 2017 Dave,those groceries are LONG GONE. :laughing7:

LOL...the beaver that ate it probably are too, and hopefully the trunk became BTU's in somebodies fireplace...
moose.gif

BTW, who's Dave?

OP
OP
dognose

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
We have a number of beaver in our creeks. I have been trapping them for a while. A number of years ago I got a three or four year old. he barely got through the conibear 330. I had to use my tractor to haul the big boy out.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some years ago a beaver took up residence at the small pond in one of our town parks. It began gnawing down the trees around the pond and built a lodge with some of them. Kind of fascinating, but the city apparently didn't like it. I think they trapped it and relocated it near one of the lakes

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We have a number of beaver in our creeks. I have been trapping them for a while. A number of years ago I got a three or four year old. he barely got through the conibear 330. I had to use my tractor to haul the big boy out.

Yep, a 330 will certainly do a number on them, and the best part is it's an instant termination..beaver doesn't suffer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread