Bedford Indiana Treasure

mdj

May 15, 2011
midwest
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, this is more of a story than lead. A friend of mine, (Mark) was looking for a job as an assistant pastor. He had breakfast with the pastor a few times getting bits and pieces of the story until one day he asked to hear the whole story. This is the story he was told.
A member of the church wanted to give everything to the church when he died he had no living relatives. He had a car and a house. On his deathbed he told the preacher that there was treasure buried under the stairs in the basement!
He told the preacher not to make the mistake of not digging deep enough. This was around 2009. When they dug up the treasure, after he died, they found silver bars and gold coins. The preacher remembered what the man said about not to make the mistake of not digging deep enough.
So after a large amount of the treasure was recovered they decided to dig even further, finding more gold coins!! My friend said $350,000 was recovered in silver bars and gold coins!
The pastor started a new church in Oolitic Indiana-a brand new building was built with no debt. Mark wanted to impress upon me how rare that was to start a new church with no debt. He ended up passing on the job.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story he did good with the money

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread