Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are a few guys here that wrote books - they may chime in and you might want to pick up some of their books
I wrote a bunch of different articles on different aspects of water hunting
will send you link to my stuff - some may be of help

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A- Learn to understand the effects of the sand and to recognize it's movements. It is both your #1 enemy and ally.
B- Research! Research! Research! And this doesn't mean just history. Everyday you are at a particular beach it is an opportunity to learn more about that beach and it's traffic patterns. Learn all you can.

Each beach has a daily and seasonal life cycle all it's own, unique to it's own environment and history and the elements that shape it. Wish it was simpler and easier then this, but it isn't. :thumbsup:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been going to the same stretch of beach for months now, and I still can't figure it out! It changes with every tide.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know where you guys are hunting, east coast, gulf, west coast? I can tell you that here in Florida, both the east and west coast are seeing a lot of new sand coming on the beaches with no real beach traffic for quite a while, up to the last few days anyway. A lot of new sand + little in the way of new drops = pretty tough hunting circumstances. However, that will change, and everything you're learning about your beaches now will payoff then. The better you get to know it, the easier it will be to spot those significant, if sometime subtle, changes and circumstances that can greatly increase your odds of success. Take the time now to learn everything you can about your machine so you'll be able to get the very most out of it when it really counts. Be patient, it just takes a lot of time and commitment before you'll start feeling more confident on the beaches you hunt. :thumbsup:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best places are where people congregate. Most of us go just before low tide so you can detect farther out. Better finds are usually in the water (less trash), and people tend to wash off sand, lotion, etc. in the water. Wet sand is also productive, dry sand has many targets and can have a lot of trash. The beach is changing every day. Some people hunt from below the dunes all the way to chest high water.

Wayne

www.MetalDetectingStuff.com

OP
OP
Drummochreen 1980

Drummochreen 1980

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks everyone

I live in Ayrshire (Scotland)

I have been out a couple of times to the beach, most of my finds have been the top third area. I haven't been when it's low tide, but very eager to go and try to find some goodies

Here are some of my last finds

OP
OP
Drummochreen 1980

Drummochreen 1980

Dec 30, 2012
Here are some of my finds from the top of the beach

Attachments

• image-2639541585.jpg
    image-2639541585.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 139
  • image-3741465168.jpg
    image-3741465168.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 152

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey if you're interested I'll trade you all my silver American finds for all your yellow metal scottish ones!
Just kidding! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread