lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
My name is Ken. I am originally from MD but have moved to York, PA. I MD'ed for about 6 years while in MD with little success. I usually MD baseball fields, play grounds etc. I would really like to fine old coins and relics such as Civil war items. I have experience with the Garrett GTI 2500, Whites Di-Pro 6000 but have since sold them. I am looking to buy one again. I am leaning towards the GTI 2500 again. Can you please help with:

1. Some sites to hunt near York , PA for old coins and Civil war items.
2. What detectors are best suited for me 800-900 range
You can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thank you very much

Ken

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Lawman (Ken),

If you are a "lawman", look up my dad at the York County courthouse. His name is Joe and he works as a tipstaff for judge Renn.

I bought him an ACE 250 for Christmas and he is having some fun with it. We are researching to find some good places to hunt. He lives on the western edge of York county near Abbottstown.

Or PM me and I can tell you what I have/know.

DCMatt

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DCMATT,
I pmed you. E-mail maybe we can hook up with your dad

Ken

prospectorYorkPA

Jan 16, 2007
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism III
Hi Ken,
Contacted you by email last week. Plenty of history around the York area. Going back to the 1680's, this entire area was claimed by Lord Baltimore of Maryland. There is an old house over the hill from me that was once owned by him in 1720. Lots of disputes and fighting back then. Wasn't settled until the Mason Dixon Line was established that the borders were defined.
Your in the Red Lion area, most all those old farms and fields go way back. Later on there are rumors that the underground railroad during the civil war used some of those places. I've gotten to know some people who have lots of land in the Delta area. Some old foundations around those fields.
I mentioned to you that I go to happy hour at the local pub. You said you don't drink anymore, but that's not the point (you could have a coke), I meet lots of people who just happen to know some old sites.
Hopeing when the weather gets warmer in the spring, to get out to some of these sites I've been setting up over the winter. Makes it easier to take someone if they have met you in advance. That's enough rambling for now.
Andy

OP
OP
lawman0210

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy,