Been a few good weeks, with another 1st yesterday!

jtshombre

Jun 23, 2007
Montana Prairie
Detector(s) used
White's M-6
Hello fellow TNetters, I haven't been posting alot, but swinging every chance I get, and also enjoying your finds, some truly awesome stuff being dug! :icon_salut: A couple of weeks ago I got my 1st dollar coin (US) a Sac dollar, I know, no biggie but I was surprised & happy to see it in the hole. I've been doing pretty good on silver dimes, not on par with some of you folks, but good for around here, mainly Canadian. About a week ago it rained good one night, and my neighbors had mowed down their vacant lot, so I thought I'd give it another shot, even though I've pretty well pounded it, or so I thought. I managed to find a 2 silver dime pocket spill, a 1952 Rosie, and only my second Merc, a 1917. ALso found a couple of good wheaties, a 1924 & 1953. I don't know why, it seems I can't buy a Merc, so I was thrilled to see it in my plug!

Last week I went and hit my honey hole in Canada, and had a 3 silver day, all dimes. A 1951 Rosie, a 1941 George, and a no date old style George, probably from the teens, and several older Canadian pennies, 40's & 50's. This place produces silver everytime I go, so it's a keeper.

Friday here was windy, rainy and cold, in the 50's for a high. I knew there'd be good detecting after the rain. Yesterday I had to mow my lot, and that took half the day. In the afternoon I was trying to think of a place to hit, and decided to hit a park in a small town that has a nice pond in it. I figured my dynamic duo, the schnauzer twins would enjoy the water and the possibility of flushing a pheasant while I detected, plus it's close, so away we went.

There's a volleyball court, a baseball field, and a picnic area so thought I'd hit around the ball park, the sports areas not having seen any use for quite awhile. My first dig was a wheatie, always a good sign. Then I'm wandering back down the 1st base line, almost to the cat tails around the pond, when I get a solid 50 cent hit, I figure, yeah sure, I've dug more pop cans than halves with this hit, but this one was bouncing around 89 & 90 VDI on my M-6, a hit which was an area I'd never had before. So you know the feeling, I kneel down to dig up the pop can, and nothing in the 1st plug, and when I flip over the second plug I see a beautiful eagle in the hole! Turned out to be a 1945D walking liberty, my 1st silver half! Well, it makes you do the internal happy dance for sure. I managed 3 more wheaties, and a 1957 Canadian, with a few memorials and 1 lone clad dime.

I know now how you guys feel when you see that big silver disc in the plug, wow, a feeling I can definetly get used to, and hope to experience again! I also got permission yesterday for a virgin lot, so will go there tonight after it cools down, it's supposed to be in the 90's here today.

Keep swinging compadres, and here's to gold & silver dreams and finds, :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internal happy dance? ??? :D

jumping-monkey-gif-animation.gif