Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The last two years has been pretty hard but we managed to get out for an hour and a half today. I went back to my old permission, not expecting anything but hoping. I had to charge up everything first and had to think things out again but that was ok. I was surprised to end up with 3 wheaties, only one was readable and it was a 1946. the covid did a number on me in several ways but I just struggled on. my walking is worse and I have to use my shovel to get back up every time. Dug the usual pull tabs, wire and junk with some clad thrown in. Even though I haven't gotten out very much in quite a while, I have been busy making self bows from Osage, hickory, and red oak with some having bamboo backing (from the back yard). I had the cornea transplant back in November and it still hasn't fully healed so it affects my vision somewhat. This thing of getting old isn't for the weak hearted. It becomes a new season of finding out your limitations as they seem to keep happening. But you learn to focus on what you can still do, you just may have to be smarter at doing it. So today was pretty awesome to hear the tones again and to search for the hidden treasures. To hear and feel the carrot as it neared the target, yeah it was a good day. Jerry

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on still being able to scratch out some coins.
No , it does not read as being easy.
Making my , congrats on the outing! Sincere.

apdp

Dec 7, 2010
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you getting out. I just had surgery that no male wants to hear about and I hope once I heal up I have your drive.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got out in the field DL! Hope that continues for you this year!

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
there is just something about digging to see what you just found. didn't last as long today, the sun got pretty hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread