Been a while, but its just like riding a bike..........

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Been a while, but it's just like riding a bike..........

First hunt in months yields a nice haul. My new job has kept me busy out of town training and working a lot of overtime. I had to dust off the cobwebs from my Fisher today and hit my honey hole. I only managed a two hour hunt, but it was better than many of my all day hunts. Ten silver dimes: 1901 Barber, seven mercs and two rosies. I also managed a buffalo nickel, a 1902 Indian Head cent and numerous wheats. I've been detecting for 25 years plus and have coin albums that I am trying to fill up with detecting finds only. I'm to the point where I just keep finding the dates and mintmarks I already have. Today I added three mercs to the merc coin album 1918-D in VF or better, 1924 and 1935-D; all common but Ive never found them.,and the Barber dime to that series. That my friends is a good day in my mind.
treasurehunting016.jpg

treasurehunting017.jpg

Upvote 0

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Re: Been a while, but it's just like riding a bike..........

Holy
AnimatedPooSteamingCLR.gif
!!!!!

Nice hunt... You guys from Ohio kill me with your terrific finds.

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

Yeah, now that you mention it, it was an awesome two hours. I've been to this site about 5 other times and this is definately the hottest area. I love it when you have a virgin site with lots of coins and around 1/3 of your finds are silver. I should have stayed longer, but I'll be back soon. I had coin spills and the 1901 Barber I almost passed up. There are so many coins here from around 1900 to present that I only dig coins that are deeper than 3 inches. Otherwise, you would be better off staying on your knees rather than constantly getting up and down. The Barber was more shallow than most, but was in an area of disturbed soil(memorials 5 inches deep and old silver anywhere from 3 to 6 inches).

christ-first

Mar 20, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum

awesome haul !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: it's hard for just about anyone to do that good in just two hours. way to go !

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That wasn't a good day, THAT WAS AN AWESOME DAY!!!

Thanks for posting, really like those Mercs and that Barber dime.

HH, Ringfinder
( fellow Ohioan )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread