Been a while.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the drought here in Ga, I haven't been MDing at all. Plus I was getting a little tried of tot lots and needed a break. I have now owned my MD for exactly one year.

Well the weather was so nice, and I have a new 12.5" coil I wanted to try out, so I went to the school next door last weekend and the beach this weekend. But boy is it heavy! My arms are going to look like Popeye's! :P

Nothing spectacular, but still more than I expected. Plus, at the beach I met another MD'er with a Treasure Ace 100. That is 2 out of 2 times on the beach I've seen another MD'er. That's to much competition for me! ;) It costs $2 just to get in.

Total from school:
4Q, 10D, 5N, 24P

Total from beach:
1Q, 3D, 2N, 9P, 1 hotwheels tank, and one flashing light rubber ball.

(No pictures because my wife has the camera at Disneyland with her nephews)

Upvote 0

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
You ought to look into a "Swingy Thingy".
Basically it is a strap over the shoulder that attaches to your detector with an adjustable bungee cord.
If you put on a bigger coil you can easily adjust the bungee for the added weight and really it feels like your detector is not even there!

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plumloko said:
You ought to look into a "Swingy Thingy".
Basically it is a strap over the shoulder that attaches to your detector with an adjustable bungee cord.
If you put on a bigger coil you can easily adjust the bungee for the added weight and really it feels like your detector is not even there!

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about maybe one of the hip mounting belts that underwater/shore hunters use. I'll have to get something if I plan to use it all day.

HH.

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sounds like a good day out. You could think of it as you got paid to work out! lol
Good luck and HH

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher said:
Sounds like a good day out. You could think of it as you got paid to work out! lol
Good luck and HH

You're right! That should help when the burn comes. LOL. Thanks for the comment.

HH.

Ken from Atlanta

Feb 4, 2008
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I really wish I was back in atlanta right now, My buddy who lives up on Lake Lanier has been cleaning up on all the swimming beaches there since the water is so low. The drought has made for some good hunting. That wouldn't be too far of a journey from Athens, you might want to check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread