Been awhile! Digging through snow is cool! (Literally)

UnkleMudd

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2008
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Today I went out to some woods that I have returned to time and time again. Nothing special about the area other than it is not very far from Camden, SC. Not a great showing today but still managed a few keepers. A flat button, pewter with no marks and broken shank. Rimfire cartridge, small caliber. Some chunks of iron, three shotgun shells, and a buckshot that doesn't have a white patina, but another lead bullet with a white patina. It all started with me eyeball finding a no-date buffalo nickel in my front yard this morning! Don't know where it came from or how it got there, maybe my youngest was carrying it and dropped it. But it got my spirits up and my motivation to go!
Some previous finds from the past few months of the same area are on the next pics: 2 flat buttons, one two-piece with shanks intact but no markings, a ramrod channel from a musket, a thimble (first for me), a piece of ornamental copper maybe from a clock or picture frame?, possible scabbard tip, and an unidentified piece of copper or bronze that could be part of a coin, and my oldest identified find to date: 1 bit from an 8 Reale with identifying marks. I believe it to be a 1768 Mexico City. Any further assistance from you experts out there would be appreciated. Prior to this find, my oldest coin to date was a 1910 wheatie! Gotta make time to get back out there and find the rest of it! Keep your coil to the soil and happy hunting!
David

Attachments

• today 01162011.jpg
    today 01162011.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 660
  • previous finds.jpg
    previous finds.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 653
  • Realeback.jpg
    Realeback.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 648
  • realefront.jpg
    realefront.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lack of replies for your post is odd...to me these are awesome finds! I am still looking for a ramrod channel and that Spanish silver is awesome! Keep posting!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds there. You can cross many items off the years list with your first dig. The silver by itself is a fantastic dig. Thanks for sharing and look forward to may more of your hunts.It looks like you are in relic heaven over there.
Good luck!
TnMtns

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice wedge of '8'. Congrats.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are terrific finds, WTG. How were the Reales cut? Chisels, maybe?

goonie1day

Jan 6, 2011
Lynchburg Va.
Detector(s) used
MXT w/ Sunray DX-1 probe. D2 and 12" Super Coil, 6" DD, Teknetics T2 LTD 10X12 SEF and a Propointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the wedge! Items like that have some story to it. We can only imagine! Great finds. Keep that coil to the soi :thumbsup:l!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread