Been hot out!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Can't say the same for the finds, but got some goodies anyhow!
At the overturned park, got another musket ball, this one appears to have been fired, also got an 1899 IH, an old (not that old) Union Pacific RR Lock, a B & Burnham Extra button, lost the damaged shank, a piece of clay pipe perhaps with some mark on it. Got a couple wheaties and some clad this week also, eh! But I really like the pulltab with instructions stamped on it!

Attachments

• rfpark 717+.jpg
    rfpark 717+.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 147

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on all the different finds Tim. Would have been nice if the MD Gods favored a score more to older coins
for all your sweat and hard diggin. You got the locks so the goods must still be there. I'll give it a try today.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
I'm guessing that more good finds are coming soon for you. I am also guessing the UPRR lock is a clue to where you've been hunting ... though it sounds like a lot of people have been there. I like the photo arrangement.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turnover park still producing a few things, huh? Nice group of finds. :thumbsup:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That park ALWAYS has some nice surprises :) I'd love to find one of those clay pipes :P

Nice group of recoveries :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
MR Senior said:
Congr !!!!!!!!!!!!! , now check different signals .

Yes sir!
My methodology was simple. If I got a beep, and could pinpoint a target, I dug it. Any range on the meter. So I did get a lot of zincolns and nickels and clad, and nails! But the real oldies eluded me this time with the exception of two IH's at that site.

Think I've lost that gut feeling on where to swing the coil. Maybe I just need beer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions