Been out hunting no Dino's but Buson and bulls

salvageon

Oct 17, 2013
Roundup, MT
Detector(s) used
Old White.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20161019_112544-1.jpg 20161021_112354.jpg 20161021_112736.jpg Been out dino hunting in central Montana on a private ranch for the last 5 days and no dino's but I have found these.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is always a good feeling when you can come across an old bison skull. Nice find! :thumbsup: Did you look around and see if there could have been any Indian artifacts?

OP
OP
salvageon

salvageon

Oct 17, 2013
Roundup, MT
Detector(s) used
Old White.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking but no luck yet. Gotta be there if I can just see them.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the sagebrush hardpans where there is a wide open area with a small drainage going through the area. A lot of the times it can help if you can get the sun to reflect off of the material. Up your way you will sometimes find petrified wood, but you should be able to pick out an artifact quite easily. This one place near Ryegate I walked out from the road (With permission) in an open pasture and within 45 min. I found 4 points in the hardpans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
salvageon

salvageon

Oct 17, 2013
Roundup, MT
Detector(s) used
Old White.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20161022_122550.jpg Did find one nice petrified log sticking out but I left it alone. It would fall apart if I messed with it. Do you know what era petrified wood comes from? I thought it was out of place where I found it. Thanks for the tip.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That's really cool! I don't know what era that petrified wood is from but I know it's something like 20 million-300+ million years. Here in New York we have a petrified forest that's over 300 million years old in Schoharie NY. Unfortunately It doesn't show the same colors like you guys get out west!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions