Been to Corpus ?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better do your research first. IIRC corpus beaches are all federal beaches, and therefore illegal to hunt.

qkslvr

Oct 27, 2006
The Woodlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD/Garrett AtPro/Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can detect in Corpus, but not at the National Seashore. So Corpus Bay beaches and North Padre Beaches are OK. Do not even drive through the National Seashore with a detector in your vehicle.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
You better do your research first. IIRC corpus beaches are all federal beaches, and therefore illegal to hunt.

Not so my friend!

I live in Corpus Christi and the only off limit beaches there are Mustang Island State park and all of Padre Island.

Everywhere else is fair game and believe me there is a LOT of beach for you to hunt.

The beach just north of Packery channel is the local Surfing hot spot that all the locals use and a fine area to metal detect.
Just south are several condos and motels.
All of Mustang Island except for the State Park at the Fish Pass is huntable and during spring break is packed to the max.

This time of year you should hunt the low tide out as far as you can.

Dont overlook the beach in front of the aircraft carrier Lexington as it has been very good to hunters in the past.

Willee

Attachments

• North1.jpg
    North1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 346

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh, it was Padre that was off limits. Sorry about the confusion.

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sure do appreciate the information about corpus and you (willee) sure seem to know your way around there. we plan to spend some time there in january and i will be mding on the beach for the first time and i am sure looking foreward to it. have you had any luck finding rings in these areas you were talking about and what about january is that a good time or not . suprdave

otlew

Greenie
Apr 12, 2010
Friendswood, TX
Willee said:
Jason in Enid said:

Not so my friend!

I live in Corpus Christi and the only off limit beaches there are Mustang Island State park and all of Padre Island.

Everywhere else is fair game and believe me there is a LOT of beach for you to hunt.

The beach just north of Packery channel is the local Surfing hot spot that all the locals use and a fine area to metal detect.
Just south are several condos and motels.
All of Mustang Island except for the State Park at the Fish Pass is huntable and during spring break is packed to the max.

This time of year you should hunt the low tide out as far as you can.

Dont overlook the beach in front of the aircraft carrier Lexington as it has been very good to hunters in the past.

Willee

Willee,

I think it was you I met by the Lex back in May of this year. I was hunting with an Ace 250 and you stopped and we spoke a while.

I am headed back this morning for a two week stay for work, I intend to hunt several evenings and next weekend. I hope to see you there again, I have collected a few more detectors since we met and have learned a bit more about the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread