Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been waiting 2 yr.'s.......

Finally got the call to say "It's Ready".....This is my find for today,been a long time coming!!I took this close to 2 year's in New Brunswick Canada with my bow,got it all on video by myself,Some people might find it "not right" but I find it in the Den!!!!Beautiful job,going back this year hoping for a color phase......Maybe a cinnamon....Gotta have more than one hobby!!.......Enjoy!!!!!

Attachments

• P5200005.JPG
    P5200005.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,574
Upvote 0
OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Been waiting 2 yr.'s.......

wheres_wheatie said:
Some people might find it "not right"
yep. >:(
Sorry you feel that way Wheatie....But you have your own view's on the matter and I have mine....And mine being the Second Amendment....I've been hunting since I was very young and that's something that I will proudly pass on and have to my kid's...It's a battle that been going on for a long time that cannot be won....Face it,as long as you have hunter's(who are the true conservationist) there will be a true wildlife management program going on.If it wasn't for the hunter than most of your wildlife and game animal's would be in serious trouble......FYI......I'm going back this year and taking the wife,maybe I'll have a double post....and when my son is old enough I'll have a triple post.God Bless America!!!!!and the troop's who defend it....Happy Hunting!!!!

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Nice bear...what type of bow you shoot? Had a bear come up on me during bow deer season..was shooting a recurve bow with wood arrows...gave me goose bumps. Post more mounts..good to have more than on hobby.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job all around...the shot, the result and the mounting job...think if I came across a bear I'd wanna be sure I had my rifle AND my sidearm...facing a bear with just a bow wouldn;t fill me full of confidence... ;D Good luck on the cinnamon or other color variety. Hope the meat tasted better than it did the couple of times I tried bear meat....tasted like bad greasy pork...give me venison any time, you can keep the bear meat... ;D
Your taxidermist deserves a BIG applause for one heck of a fantastic job!!!!!!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

49er said:
Nice bear...what type of bow you shoot? Had a bear come up on me during bow deer season..was shooting a recurve bow with wood arrows...gave me goose bumps. Post more mounts..good to have more than on hobby.
Hey 49er....Glad to see some fellow hunter's on here....I shoot a Browning F5 Tornado,been real good to me,but I guess it's all in the hand's of the be(holder).I've been shooting a bow since I was 9 so I guess I've had a little practice.It would probably take me a week to post my mount's ;) Happy Hunting 49er'....

wheres_wheatie

Sep 2, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Carrot

Although I won't attempt to explain your possible reasoning I will explain mine. I don't have any strong feelings good or bad towards hunters because I am aware that human civilization often tramples on animals leaving a void in food supply and natural habitat. Being part of civilization I can't condemned hunting but I do believe it is a sad answer to animal overpopulation or starvation. After all animals are not alone, humans too face starvation across the globe, human hunt any one? No of course that would be crazy unlike murdering an animal and then having it stuffed for your garden. Like you said you do have the second amendent to fall back on right, but I got the first, so let me say... mmmm.... slaughters animals to feel like a big man but is really just sick and twisted.
??? huh so much for no strong feelings. Bottom line for me is there is no way to justify killing something that has done you no wrong. I can only assume that many see animals as less then human or souless. If believing this makes it easier to kill I'm not surprised after all it worked wonders for slave owners. Animals may not be as evolved as us but does that give us the right to do with them as we please? Doesn't our superior mental abilities obligate us not to kill these animals but take care of them?

On second thought this isn't the place for this kind of argument.

S

stefen

wheres_wheatie said:
Although I won't attempt to explain your possible reasoning I will explain mine. I don't have any strong feelings good or bad towards hunters because I am aware that human civilization often tramples on animals leaving a void in food supply and natural habitat. Being part of civilization I can't condemned hunting but I do believe it is a sad answer to animal overpopulation or starvation. After all animals are not alone, humans too face starvation across the globe, human hunt any one? No of course that would be crazy unlike murdering an animal and then having it stuffed for your garden. Like you said you do have the second amendent to fall back on right, but I got the first, so let me say... mmmm.... slaughters animals to feel like a big man but is really just sick and twisted.
??? huh so much for no strong feelings. Bottom line for me is there is no way to justify killing something that has done you no wrong. I can only assume that many see animals as less then human or souless. If believing this makes it easier to kill I'm not surprised after all it worked wonders for slave owners. Animals may not be as evolved as us but does that give us the right to do with them as we please? Doesn't our superior mental abilities obligate us not to kill these animals but take care of them?

On second thought this isn't the place for this kind of argument.

It's not an arguement...its a personal choice.
However, you are to be commended for backing away tactfully.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

:o
I LOVE that mount! I am an avid deer hunter and have several mounts and one actually made the state record books. WTG bud...awesome bear!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

SWEET MOUNT! I have taken several bears with my bow as well. Man does that ever make for an exciting day! My last one was taken while walking in to my stand....7 yards with only a fern between us. I know it had MY heart pumping!

Congrats on a great hunt!

~Nash~

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

High%20Five! (4).jpg
High Five for ya, Civil. My knees would be knocking and God knows what else if I ran across that in my woods.

;) RR

Attachments

• High%20Five! (4).jpg
    High%20Five! (4).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 620
M

MiniMe

Nick Papageorgio said:
wheres_wheatie said:
Some people might find it "not right"
yep. >:(

I have the up most respect for civilman...and I am sure the meat from this animal fed someone...

Nick

Thanks Nick.

It is true, every animal that my husband or I kill (yes, I hunt too) is eaten. My favorite is dove hunting, love them wrapped in bacon. I do not believe in hunting anything you don't eat. We've taught our kids the same, even when it comes to fishing or catching anything, we eat it.

My son caught crawfish one time at a creek with his friend and he brought them home and said "mom, cook them up for lunch". Wasn't sure how to cook them, they turned out great and we ate all of them.

Civil's hunting has saved us quite a bit of money for food and we grow a garden to simplify the cost of the veggies. Things get to expensive sometimes and we wouldn't have had food to eat if it weren't for what we could harvest off the land. Besides, how do people think people survived many years ago..... the cattle didn't just lay down and self destruct into to steaks to be served....they were raised to be butchered to feed people. At least with hunting there's a challenge and skill that is required if you want to eat....it's earned.

The bear is a beautiful addition to our many many mounts....the 16 racks, 1 turkey tail fan & beard, grouse tails, 3 deer shoulder mounts (1 blue ribbon for biggest deer in county), 1 half mount deer, 5 fish mounts, 3 ducks and 1 pheasant and proud to say we've eaten them all and helped with management of these animals in doing so.....

Can't wait until little man gets his first of anything....already shotting a bb gun, practicing at 4.

HH :D

outraged

Apr 14, 2007
East Greenbush NY
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/Troy Shadow X2/Ace 250

wheres_wheatie said:
. Animals may not be as evolved as us but does that give us the right to do with them as we please? Doesn't our superior mental abilities obligate us not to kill these animals but take care of them?

Our superior mental abilities are what enable us to have the smarts enough to kill animals for food to begin with. If we did not kill animals to eat for 1000s of years we may not be here to begin with. As for the mount....i think it is better than wasting the fur from the animal he ate. But i agree this is not the place for this argument. OH and one last thing...Hunting animals is nothing like slavery. If anyone needs to think something is soulless to shoot they should not be killing a animal to begin with. If you want to human hunt join the USMC.... ;).....HH

Foose said:
dkw said:
. . . the wife says no full body mounts allowed . . .

My wife tells me the same thing . . . ;D

Very nice mount!!

It is odd....For some reason my wife is always begging me to full body mout....I keep telling her NO!!! I am going metal detecting!!

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I believe Ive watched this go on for long enough.I too am a hunter and eat all the game that I take.I have relatives and freinds who dont make enough money in parts of our country where there is not much work.Those people LIVE and THRIVE on the game that they take to feed their families,is that wrong? Not in my opinion.I also have harvested more deer in a season than I need and have donated to a program called Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry.This is not money to BUY food to send to another country,its food that Im helping to feed the hungry here in our United States.Isthat wrong?Not in my opinion.I will keep doing it as long as it is legal and for these reasons I can do it with out feeling bad at all.Thats my 2 cents worth.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful mount Civil, hope you all have a great weekend. Tsgman

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

..."the cattle didn't just lay down and self destruct into to steaks to be served"....

I LIKE it.

Nice Bear. Thought it was real at first. Super job.

One heck of a conversation piece.

Happy Hunting ( in more ways than one)

Ray S

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread