diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bottle of Lowenbrau beer that survived the fire and wreck of the Hindenburg zeppelin in May 1937 auctioned in England on November 14 for $16,000. It may be the most expensive beer bottle ever auctioned. The previous beer bottle record we're aware of is for a limited edition Carlsberg lager bottle. The Lowenbrau bottle, still full, has a scorched label with the brand's logo. The bottle was found by the local fire chief after the crash in Lakehurst, New Jersey. He buried six bottles and a pitcher at the site and came back later to recover his "treasure." He gave all but one of the bottles to friends. One bottle was donated to the Lowenbrau brewery collection in 1977. The others are missing.

Attachments

• lowenbrau_beer_bottle_hindenburg.jpg
    lowenbrau_beer_bottle_hindenburg.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 665

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Now that is a true Treasure! Thanks for the post. :read2:
HH

Desertfox

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he bury them and then came back for them isn't that wrong. If I would do that I would be arrested.....Matt

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
If he bury them and then came back for them isn't that wrong. If I would do that I would be arrested.....Matt

I agree and I don't want to go off on a tangent here but i'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say- There are many things that you could do in 1937 that you can't do now and get away with. The more liberal this country becomes the less freedoms we actually have. Welcome to Amerika.
Sorry I couldn't help myself. :cussing:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions