Before you go...

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just curious what kinds of plans the rest of you have for the treasures you have accumulated over your years of hunting? Do you want to be buried with it? Do you plan to just pass it on to your kids so they can fight over it or sell it. Are you going to sell it?

Personally I can't decide if I want to pass it on to my kids to do with as they please, if I want to go seed some local parks, or if I want to do something like Forest Fen (but on a smaller scale) and hide or burryitall some place for future generations of treasure hunters.

I'm just curious what you guys plan to do.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i'll give my coins to my kids i don't care what they will do with them. i'll probably be buried with my detector :laughing7:. don't know about my relics though

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my kids or grandkids, they can continue to collect, or sell. At that point, it won't matter anymore to me.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All my machines, coils, pin pointers...etc. will be given to my less fortunate metal detecting friends. I will give the treasure to people who would really appreciate it. Aside: Since I'm still alive, I've been giving many of my treasures (coins, jewelry and relics) to friends and family so they can enjoy them now.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a coin/jewelry hunter. So i don't have that problem.The money is spend by me and the wife and all the good jewelry is confiscated by the wife.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good question. I'm 57 yr. old now, and have been at this since I was about 14 yrs old. I know some guys NEVER sell their pride & joy finds (those are "bragging rights" after all). But for me, I've started selling off my finds. Keeping only samples of everything. And will keep pix of the stuff I've sold .

Reason is: I told my wife that my hobby is self-supporting. So that is my justification when I take off for weekend ghost-town jaunts. (Yeah yeah, I'm whipped ! ). The only exception so far is that I haven't sold any of my 15 gold coins so far.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good question. I'm 57 yr. old now, and have been at this since I was about 14 yrs old. I know some guys NEVER sell their pride & joy finds (those are "bragging rights" after all). But for me, I've started selling off my finds. Keeping only samples of everything. And will keep pix of the stuff I've sold .

Reason is: I told my wife that my hobby is self-supporting. So that is my justification when I take off for weekend ghost-town jaunts. (Yeah yeah, I'm whipped ! ). The only exception so far is that I haven't sold any of my 15 gold coins so far.

I keep telling you Tom I'll trade my large cents you cant find for those gold coins.....

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pm me for my address and I will take all your finds for future generations to enjoy. No sense in letting them go to those who won't appreciate them. I will take care of them all for you......8-)

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
The answer lies within my signature below:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of these days I’ll recycle all my brass and copper.
I’ve been telling my wife that the trash I have are relics... but really it’s trash, and I’ll treat it as so.
And finally my silvers and bits of jewelry, I’ll flip for bullion at some point....

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well hopefully this will be a long ways off, but... I have several rare finds that I will have donated to a couple of museums. There is at least one find I want buried with me (a simple coin -- it's the meaning behind it), and I have one step-daughter who I will probably leave any remaining valuable coins to, along with one paid-for house.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plan to be buried with a bevy of supermodels ( recently sacrificed)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread