Beginers luck with Cent Boxes - Flying Eagle!

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011
I started doing some boxes of Cents to fill in between the boxes of halves and to start making up some sets for myself and my two nephews. My first stop I picked up two boxes of CWR's and hit a Flying Eagle on the second box! To date I have done 8 boxes (6 CWR's & 2 were BWR's) and my averages so far are:

11 Wheats/box
41 Copper Canadians/Box (copper only) - Near Canada so we get a TON of Canadian coins around here.
27.85% Copper Cents (including Wheat & Copper Canadians)

Interesting Finds:
3 Dimes Total
1 – 2 Cent Euro
1 – 1996 10 Cent Jamaican
1 – 1857 ONE CENT FLYING EAGLE!!!

I think I'm off to a good start and making good progress on the albums :icon_thumleft: Seems like a pretty decent % on the copper from what I've read here also. Now for a picture of my very well worn Flying Eagle :hello2:

Attachments

• Flying Eagle FnB.jpg
    Flying Eagle FnB.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 438
Upvote 0

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
Nice find, seems like almost impossible but who knows, I found a silver dime in a penny roll about a month ago.

HH

OP
OP
M

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011
papa1956e9 said:
Nice find, seems like almost impossible but who knows, I found a silver dime in a penny roll about a month ago.

HH

Yeah I know, I didn't realize just how uncommon this would be until I started reading more on here. Has anyone else come across one in a roll before? Also, does anyone know if the Flying Eagle and Indian Head Cents would get 'weeded out' my machines that do the BWR's? I have not specifically asked for CWR's as of yet but 6 of 8 have been. If the Flying Eagles and Indians heads get separated by the machines then I'll try to ask specifically for CWR's. This Flying Eagle came from a box that was CWR's but did not have unusually high Wheats or Copper. 28% copper and only 8 wheats (one of the lowest actually).

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
As many hands as this passed through to get into a roll it makes you wonder how it did!

Nice score!

OP
OP
M

mentalvirus

Aug 7, 2011
rfishoutofwater said:
I scored a Flying eagle in a brinks box of pennies a few months back. Nice score. HH

So yours actually made it through a machine and into a roll? That's even more impressive. It seems like the Flying Eagle is thicker than regular Cents and I was thinking them might actually get weeded out the rolls.

I do wonder what the reject bins look like at a place like Brinks or Loomis :laughing9:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
incredible, and you can get nearly anything in a coin roll, I found in a dime roll a 1 centimiso coin from peru that was half the diameter of a US dime and twice the thickness made of aluminum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread