beginner in Arizona - input appreciated for a MD

azhumvee

Jan 25, 2011
I've started my research tonight for several hours and narrowed it down to a kellyco order (for the BOGO offer).

I plan on using my new purchase in central and North/northwest Arizona soil for gold mainly.

I'm debating between a Whites GMT, GB2, and maybe a Tesoro super lobo (for the lifetime warranty).

And with the kellyco order for the aboves, I want to get either a Titan 2000XD Pro or MP MPX as a "clean-up" unit. I want the 2nd unit to be for deeper (larger) gold and coins/jewelry, while the 1st unit gets the smaller gold finds.. I think this would be a good balance for me and a friend going out?

there was an input on a forum from 2004 where someone said an MXT with the right coil would be better for gold shootin in Arizona soil... but didnt find much more input on that thought. As I mentioned, i'm new but technically savy so I believe the GMT would be a good unit to learn on.. and I know I'll have enough fun to justify the $800

Any input would be appreciated! I'm excited to have found this forum. Thank you!

azhumvee

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, Welcome to Tnet!!! :hello:

On your detector choices they are all good, expecially the Tesoro Super Lobo, except Kellyco can't sell them. Both the GMT and GB2 will work in your area too. You should also look at the Infinium LS and Gold Bug. True the MXT can find nuggets, but not the small ones as they are designed mainly for coins. Don't depend on the Bongo deal giving you a free detector as they are very cheap. You are better off looking for a local dealer where you can handle different detectors in your own hot hands to see which ones feel right for you and the dealer knows what works in his area. This is a good idea even if you have to drive a ways to get to him. All the dealers sell all the detectors at the same prices so the advantage of a local dealer is help on using it and a friend for life. :coffee2:

Good Luck, :thumbsup:
Sandman

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
humvee,
Of the three units you mention I would go with the Lobo ST. Sure the GMT is great on really small stuff, but you will also be digging up tons of small bird shot etc. Az is loaded w/ the stuff.
Personally I like hunting for gold that has a little weight to it. An MXT is also a great unit for Az.
RCW

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
First, Welcome to Tnet!!! :hello:

On your detector choices they are all good, expecially the Tesoro Super Lobo, except Kellyco can't sell them. Both the GMT and GB2 will work in your area too. You should also look at the Infinium LS and Gold Bug. True the MXT can find nuggets, but not the small ones as they are designed mainly for coins. Don't depend on the Bongo deal giving you a free detector as they are very cheap. You are better off looking for a local dealer where you can handle different detectors in your own hot hands to see which ones feel right for you and the dealer knows what works in his area. This is a good idea even if you have to drive a ways to get to him. All the dealers sell all the detectors at the same prices so the advantage of a local dealer is help on using it and a friend for life. :coffee2:

Good Luck, :thumbsup:
Sandman

Sandman is correct, the freebees are really giveaways by the manufactor of the detector and the bongo is for very cheap detectors. If you do buy from Kellyco see if you can get credit for the freebees and free detector and get something else you can really use....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread