Beginners Luck! Hooked!

mack3

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new this week to CRH! I went to the local bank to find a box of nickels to keep busy for the weekend and left with 4 rolls of halves and a box of nickels! I haven't started the nickels, but the 4 rolls of halves were as follows!

7 - 1965, 12 - 1966, 24 - 1967, 15 - 1968D, 20 - 1969D and 1 1984D.

I work with restaurant owners and asked one of my customers if he sees any old change or dollars coming through. He said he sees a lot and pulls out a lot of silver. He had a stack of $1 silver certificates and some $20's. Since I showed some interest he gave me the silver certificate pictured and 7 rolls of wheat pennies! I'll be going through the pennies soon to see what I have! Thanks for all the great information on this site and happy hunting! My brother introduced me to this a couple weeks ago and I've had a great time with it!

half 1.jpg

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! Nice silver certificate! Shame you got shorted 50 cents in one of those rolls, but finding 78 keepers out of 4 rolls is amazing!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, seems like there's been a lot of great beginners luck lately.

Congrats on a great score! It's probably gonna be hard to top that one.

Btw, I just remembered I got 4 rolls of cwr halves and a box of nickels today too. I was happy just finding a '76S silver from one of the rolls. But I sure woulda been shocked if I got some loaded rolls like u did lol.

H$H!

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great score! Personally, Ive given away many silver certs and bills dated before 1930, because as we all know, paper rots, coin does not.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had some great beginner's luck finds as well, it definitely helps to draw you in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread