Beginners Luck Hunting Halves!

Son&Son

Sep 30, 2018
MI, Lower Peninsula
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having known about CRH for a decade or so but just never bothering to try, I decided to give it a shot (since my detecting hasn't turned up any silver...). My first box of halves came up with zip, but after that my luck changed!

I stopped at a local bank in the next town over on my way to the post office to inquire if they had any halves, ready to pick up another box if I could. I was dissapointed when the teller came back saying they only had $80 worth but told her yes I would like to buy them.

The mixed/older wrappers got my hopes up as soon as I saw them and they didn't disappoint. 6 40% halves from 8 rolls!

A Halves.JPG

Im sure I won't repeat that for quite some time, if ever! I've been through a box and a half of dimes so far with no luck there but I'm hoping to pick up some more rolls of both this weekend.

The guide here is pretty good, does anyone have any other resources or personal lists they use of what to look for when CRH? I'm not much of a numismatist so I have just been looking for silver thus far.

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 0

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the silver!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should have done your hunting when you found out about CRH. That is about when I started. Did real good till everybody and their mother blasted it all over the internet. I have slacked off now that I have retired and moved into an area where we only have 4-5 banks in the entire county. I have not kept count but found close to 10 halves up here. (one was a lady)

OP
OP
S

Son&Son

Sep 30, 2018
MI, Lower Peninsula
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you should have done your hunting when you found out about CRH. That is about when I started. Did real good till everybody and their mother blasted it all over the internet. I have slacked off now that I have retired and moved into an area where we only have 4-5 banks in the entire county. I have not kept count but found close to 10 halves up here. (one was a lady)

Yeah I do wish I would have started sooner but oh well can't go back. Wish I would have bought some bitcoin when they were fifty cents as well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread