BEING A FISHERMAN.............I THINK THIS IS MY BEST BUTTON YET !!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Out this moring break of daylight..... -10c when we crawled outta the truck.....BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Half the beach had a thin layer of ice on it ...looked cold and was cold.

After 1 hour I had dug 2 targets...piece of junk and a musket ball. Ed wasn,t fairing any better.

Another hour passed and still nothing so we moved down the beach further and ED picked up a big copper...still squat for me except 4 or 5 musket balls and a new peny.

I turned and went back...Ed kept on going....I managed to finally hit a big copper but poor shape...at least no skunk.

Into the 4th hr and I was ready to call it quits..tide was gettin up quite high and my arm was getting tired....as it does when not finding much....funny how that works.

Yeah .,,yeah...I know here comes another on the way back to the truck story....but it is a true story mister !!!

Thought I would try a litle sandy cove....pulled out 3 musket balls and big chunks of iron...then a nice clean short zip...always a good sign !!

Dig ...dig...out pops a mud encrusted button...I could see the back of it but not the front...most pewters look the same on the back so knew I had a old one...rinsed it off in the water and was grinning from ear to ear...IT WAS A BUTTON JUST FOR ME !!! ANCHOR !!

Made my day ...only takes the one good find to make it all worth while....and I was ready for home !!

2014-03-19 13.20.45.jpg 2014-03-19 13.21.08.jpg 2014-03-19 13.23.45.jpg 2014-03-19 13.26.08.jpg 2014-03-19 13.27.23.jpg 2014-03-19 13.28.04.jpg 2014-03-19 13.29.53.jpg

Upvote 12

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the button Aqua. Lots of other nice finds too.

TY BILL

I would have never thought finding buttons would be so much of thrill 16 months ago when I started detecting...now I realize there is so much more to the hobby than just finding a few coins.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the mark look like ??

It's writing, and the most common backmark is Nutting and Son Covent Garden. I checked the book and this one is listed twice, and whether it has a backmark or not is what determines that date, or at least gives you the best indication. So you have added another Rev War button to your collection , but as I said above it's a little different because the button is fairly common, and you can't really trace the history like you can a numbered regiment.... so anchor or not, definitely not your best button. But it's still in nice condition for pewter so it was a good day.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY BILL I would have never thought finding buttons would be so much of thrill 16 months ago when I started detecting...now I realize there is so much more to the hobby than just finding a few coins.

16 months and now it clicks in? Are you the kid who still couldn't spell his name in grade 4? :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah...go back to finding coins and leave the buttons for me! :laughing7:

You're going to have a great display!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on fire I say, fire. That how you stay so warm on those hunts in the artic temps, because your on FIRE!! Ed's burning up too!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's writing, and the most common backmark is Nutting and Son Covent Garden. I checked the book and this one is listed twice, and whether it has a backmark or not is what determines that date, or at least gives you the best indication. So you have added another Rev War button to your collection , but as I said above it's a little different because the button is fairly common, and you can't really trace the history like you can a numbered regiment.... so anchor or not, definitely not your best button. But it's still in nice condition for pewter so it was a good day.
tyvm IP

Great info once again..now I know a little more than I did yesterday.

After awhile I might be able to make a post saying what it is I found......what a huge history lesson this hobby has become......love it !!

Yup...I call it a very good day...doesn,t take much for finds to make me happy.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah...go back to finding coins and leave the buttons for me! :laughing7:

You're going to have a great display!

Was thinking about spending the rest of the year at the schools collecting clad:laughing7:

The display is starting to look very nice...got a ways to go to catch up to you guys.... I,ll get there someday maybe and if not ... I,ll sure have fun trying.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your on fire I say, fire. That how you stay so warm on those hunts in the artic temps, because your on FIRE!! Ed's burning up too!

Haha..been a great little run for sure..but all good things must come to an end..there is miles and miles of shoreline to hunt but only litte pockets where there are good finds to be had.

Or maybe the storms will replenish these spots...I,ve seen tides and waves move a lot of big things that you would never believe they could.

Battery operated Peter Heater helps keep ya warm also.:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button ! Your name is probably engraved in the back! Lol!
We really need to give the "found it on the way back to the vehicle" phenomenon a name!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button ! Your name is probably engraved in the back! Lol!
We really need to give the "found it on the way back to the vehicle" phenomenon a name!

ty Msbeepbeep

Maybe that phenomenon is related to area 51.:laughing7:

But sure is strange that it happens often....but also see go to new spot and within 5 minutes pop our a nice coin...then spend the next 4 hrs and not see another one...thats happened to me quite a few times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread