Believe it or not, this is my first silver dime... 1901s

digincali

Mar 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Needless to say I was shocked to find out how few of these were minted. Found on old school grounds dating to the turn of the last century. The pics don't do it justice. I haven't done much to clean it other than warm water although the black residue seems to be coming off as I soak it.

Attachments

• Barber2.jpg
    Barber2.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 627
  • Barber.jpg
    Barber.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 635
Upvote 0

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Congrats on your first Barber. May there be many more for you.

Bob

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
creeper71 said:
this Dime belongs on the banner in my opinion it's a Key date an G4 value is 50.00 goes up to 750.00 in au 50

So did my 1909 S Injun, but because it had corrosion on it, the moderators didn't want to put in on the banner. :'( :'(

The black stuff on your coin could be oxidation. I have found many silver coins with black oxidation on them.

Either way, it's still a great find, and for being your very first silver dime, you better go get a lottery ticket. ;D

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with any coin, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Considering that it was your first silver dime, and such a unique one, I would keep it as a reminder of your good fortune. When I was younger I found an 1805 dime and the money was too tempting to pass up. To this day I wish I had kept it. Give it a lot of thought before you do anything hasty.

OP
OP
D

digincali

Mar 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
foreverRich said:
As with any coin, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Considering that it was your first silver dime, and such a unique one, I would keep it as a reminder of your good fortune. When I was younger I found an 1805 dime and the money was too tempting to pass up. To this day I wish I had kept it. Give it a lot of thought before you do anything hasty.
She's not going anywhere anytime soon!

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Congrats on your first silver coin and many more to come

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Dugholes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread