Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1688553

I Have almost a Foot of Snow here in my Yard Yet.
Actually My first day off in my car after 2 Hours of Shoveling my car out
& the part of My Driveway open to get a running start to get out.

Thought I was going to get stuck coming back in from Above me.

Anyway I predict by Tuesday all these Temps predictions will be below Freezing,
And there will be predictions of snow storms.

This is why I hate this time of year.

Teases of warmth & Melts that never Fully arrive :(

6 More weeks till Spring :(

I'm Hoping to be proven wrong this year :coffee2:
DAMN THIS GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not Golbal warming its now Climate change

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Whatever is going on with the weather, big brother knows that it is changing.
They have been installing new storm drains and upgrading existing systems for the last couple of years now here in Michigan.
Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream..

BC

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not Golbal warming its now Climate change

One term did not replace the other. They are not synonyms and have been used consistently in the real scientific literature for at least the last 40 years. Lying politicians in the pockets of polluters who own them, have done a very good job confusing the public.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been preparing since 1970 for the nuclear winter they first predicted [emoji301]️[emoji100][emoji300]️[emoji301]️

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever is going on with the weather, big brother knows that it is changing.
They have been installing new storm drains and upgrading existing systems for the last couple of years now here in Michigan.
Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream..

BC

Yes, same here. The county public works departments have been so busy repairing bridges, roads and stormwater controls from flood damage that they run out of money halfway through their budget cycles - which then involves budget transfers - aka "robbing Peter to pay Paul". Expect higher taxes soon. The polluters who caused the problem will certainly not be paying for any of it.

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We got a foot of snow Sunday night and I have a long winding hilly driveway so before I could get out I had to fire up the snowblower early Monday morning. The week was cold but today it's in the high 40's and sunny so a lot of melting is going on. I'm planning on going out detecting for the first time on the 30th so hopefully there'll be no more snow. Oh ! Wait ! They're predicting 3 inches of snow on Sunday then turning to sleet and then rain....in other words a stinkin' mess. If I was rich, I'd buy a winter home somewhere that has NO SNOW !

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, same here. The county public works departments have been so busy repairing bridges, roads and stormwater controls from flood damage that they run out of money halfway through their budget cycles - which then involves budget transfers - aka "robbing Peter to pay Paul". Expect higher taxes soon. The polluters who caused the problem will certainly not be paying for any of it.

Robbing "Peter" to pay Paul...…...YES, and the problem is We the people are playing the part of "Peter" ! Here in Connecticut our new governor has proposed the following for his new budget :
Higher sales tax rate, Higher state income tax rate, tolls on ALL major roads, 10 cents tax on all plastic bags you get at the grocery store, and a one and a half cent PER OUNCE tax on soda and other drinks that contain sugar !

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could get rich selling raincoats for metal detectors and then get that place near the treasure beaches...

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Robbing "Peter" to pay Paul...…...YES, and the problem is We the people are playing the part of "Peter" ! Here in Connecticut our new governor has proposed the following for his new budget :
Higher sales tax rate, Higher state income tax rate, tolls on ALL major roads, 10 cents tax on all plastic bags you get at the grocery store, and a one and a half cent PER OUNCE tax on soda and other drinks that contain sugar !

It will only continue for as long as we continue to give free passes to the biggest polluters who are causing the problems we have to pay to address. Our last property tax increase was specifically used to pay for the tax subsidy - a free ride, to a fracked gas refinery that exports LNG to India and Japan and causes more pollution than every car in the state.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Global Warming !!!! they talk about "fake news" but I think global warming is "Fake Science"

And on what can you base this? The lies of politicians? The earth is getting hotter. Thermometers and recording equipment do not lie. The science is settled; only political "opinion" is not.

As a scientist, now retired, I formed my conclusions based upon analysis of data - the facts.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used this example elsewhere a few days ago. I used to buy local lobsters caught off Maryland's coast and landed at Ocean City. Ocean water temperatures have risen and lobsters have been moving north. This is fact - not opinion. The lobster population here supported a small fishery until three years ago. Now the population is too small to support a fishery. They were not overfished. Mark and recapture studies have shown they are moving further north. Many other coldwater species are doing the same.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be from all Those Farting Cars & Gasoline Powered Cows

Daily national era. (Washington, D.C.), 15 April 1854.
000aaaaaa.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually hold out till St. Patrick's day to take the plow off the truck....
Pulled it yesterday , so either I am a genius forecaster , or just jinxed spring.....

Tractor with the front end loader was going to get pressed into service moving snowbanks.
I have it buried in/on ice and knee deep snow and did not even get to hit a snowbank with it..:BangHead:
Looks like I wait till it melts. April? May? L.o.l.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been preparing since 1970 for the nuclear winter they first predicted [emoji301]️[emoji100][emoji300]️[emoji301]️

Yep, been through all of that too. We're still here, but today the weather does suck. All next week will be completely different = a warm week according to the Weather Channel :)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My farts are right up there too. I give a global warning.How many people who see this global warming have stopped driving or are taking a bus or going solar or would be willing too. just a thought.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Whole taking a Bus Thing only Works if you want to Go from Bus Stop to Bus Stop.

Next time ya Hop a Bus, Tell the Driver you just want to Take a Leisure Drive,
looking for a Place to Detect. :laughing7:

to replace cars with Buses you'd need a Hundred Million of them
Traveling all Directions Continuously,
or one in Every yard, To cover Everyone's Needs.

same with Trains.

Sorry ! Off Topic :(

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Whole taking a Bus Thing only Works if you want to Go from Bus Stop to Bus Stop.

Next time ya Hop a Bus, Tell the Driver you just want to Take a Leisure Drive,
looking for a Place to Detect. :laughing7:

to replace cars with Buses you'd need a Hundred Million of them
Traveling all Directions Continuously,
or one in Every yard, To cover Everyone's Needs.

same with Trains.

Sorry ! Off Topic :(

Modern cars produce far lower emissions. I have asked some embarrassing questions to dept heads and cabinet secretaries about just how much emissions are needlessly emitted by requiring us to drive new cars to emissions test stations. When pushed hard, they admit it is just a tax, not a pollution reduction measure. Yet the fracked gas industry has no limit to its pollution. And we don't even get the gas - it is shipped overseas. It shows the power of bribes - aka "contributions".

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread