OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
ok this is my last post on this subject and I will also quit the nonsense. Speaking about this post only I didn't mean for anything like this to come about. If you read this post from my point of view from the beginning you would see that I had no inclinations to cause any trouble with you steve. I hadn't posted or been on here for 5 days or so and during that time i found this pestle. I post it with a lame office joke reference to go with my new stupid avatar. Well go back to last week i was jokin around how folks often will, i may take it too far sometimes but i never mean any harm, anyway I was joking about people who hunt cornfields are sissies. just a joke ive hunted many cornfields. I assumed noone would seriously think i felt that way about hunting in cornfields how silly would that be. any back to this week and this post if you see from the beginning i post i found pestle steve replies back nice pestle looks like im turning into a cornfield fairy he should have said sissy i guess but i reply back in a joking manner that i wouldn't want to take that title away from him or something to that nature and then he out of the blue starts saying he'd put his collection up against mine anyday etc etc and i hadn't even mentioned anything about collections or having better stuff or anything like that. STEVE I just joke with you I honestly don't mean anything by it or towards arrowheadology its just all a bunch of bad jokes. I can understand how I could get on your nerves and take some of my messing around as badmouthing you. Sorry we buddies again now :occasion14:?

car209

Jul 22, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265 m-Scope/Whites coin master-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fellas what do you think about my Bell Pestle?? I just love it!! One of my first finds. My friend sneezes and she finds Arrowheads. You know what I mean... I love to find Tools and I have found some good ones. Thanks Recently Updated461.jpg

car209

Jul 22, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to say if you look close enough you can see were there finger tips were. It fits right in your hand. Its incredible. I think so anyway... Thanks

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry.. not seeing it.
Those are not bell pestles.. nobody wore their fingers into those stones... Mabey they were used ..if found on a site..but not bell pestles.
After a while you start to see the term "fits in your hand" is meaningless.
It's usually the first thing mentioned when describing a geofact for some reason.
You can spin countless stones around until they fit in your hand..the "work" and "use wear" is what to look for not so much just shape.

Last edited:

car209

Jul 22, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry.. not seeing it.
Those are not bell pestles.. nobody wore their fingers into those stones... Mabey they were used ..if found on a site..but not bell pestles.
After a while you start to see the term "fits in your hand" is meaningless.
It's usually the first thing mentioned when describing a geofact for some reason.
You can spin countless stones around until they fit in your hand..the "work" and "use wear" is what to look for not so much just shape.

Well it is a Bell Pestle. 100% Texas Indian Bell Pestle...Had it looked at by a collector of 30 years, and he said it was. You would see it if you held it in your hand. Thanks

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd get at least one second opinion on that.

I shouldn't have even posted on this thread now that I read the whole thing.

Last edited:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Resembles more of a hoof pestle I think. Thats what I have heard that form called in the past. I thought bell pestles had a distinct flared out bottom.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it might be a Pestle but not a Bell. Around here they just call them Grinders due to most just used to grind without a certain shape to them.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Yeah it might be a Pestle but not a Bell. Around here they just call them Grinders due to most just used to grind without a certain shape to them.

well I guess that settles it. You got any grinders with such a nice defined form?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I guess that settles it. You got any grinders with such a nice defined form?

No bell shaped ones most of them here are square in shape from grinding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions