Below the old ship, and maybe more?

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Slow day, got me waxing about my youth. Remembering trips to Shawnee State park, Lada's candy shop, the Pied Piper/Story Land, and of course the "Ship Hotel" on Route 30.

Been quite a while since I've been in that neck of the woods, I know the Ship and Story Land are gone, and Great Uncle Stewart and Aunt Lada's place too.

Just thinking out loud, but I know I tossed a bunch of change off that "ship" as a kid, watching it fall forever.

Doubt you'd find any big time treasure, but I bet you couldn't swing a MD without hitting coin on that hillside. Be a heck of a climb though. Both ways! Probably more trash and such after it burnt down too.

But what really got me thinking about was the candy shop. Yeah it belonged to my Great Uncle and Aunt, and there was a lot more to that place then the candy. Not a lot know it was originally a Revolutionary/ Civil War shot factory, if I remember correctly. And I know for a fact Uncle Stewart collected those type weapons, kept em in glass cases in the basement. Along with a Stanley Steamer. And the barn also held a treasure trove of antique cars/trucks/motorcycles. Uncle was a bit of a character, he was riding motorcycles up into his 80's.

That stuff is long gone, but wondering what might just be still there just waiting for someone to come along and find it.

Going to have to check and see who bought the place. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread