Belt Buckle

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• buckle 005.jpg
    buckle 005.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 480
  • buckle 006.jpg
    buckle 006.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 465
  • buckle 007.jpg
    buckle 007.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 0

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
One buckle, or two? What's it made of? Nice find! Need more info to help you identify it, please. -Noodle

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks noodle! The pics are as follows: 1rst is front, it is also seperated from the back. 2nd is the back with the hook that suggest to me its a buckle. 3rd is all three pieces the front being one peice and the other 2 seperated peices of the back. Im convinced the front is a brass/ copper sheet of metal. It has green corrosion like I see on old pennies or other copper. The front piece has engraving on it in the form of flowers ect. The back peice seems to be more of an iron ore. I'm really excited about it whatever it is its cool to me! :)

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to tell. Are there any designs on it?

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sentinel there are indeed markings. Right in the center of the front is an engraving of a flower . Around the flower looks like you see on a dollar bill more or less, like leaves perhaps?

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
A bigger picture would be helpful.

I think it is much older than "Urban Cowboy".

Is the buckle "back filled" with lead? If so than I will tell you, that you have yourself a ripe old buckle sitting there. Please treat it very tenderly until you can post some other pics for us. I would like to see the design on the front better, the back and the fasteners on it. I think this may be a buckle from the 19th Century.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if the back is lead, it seems to be a harder metal, doesnt seem to bend like lead would. Here are some pix I took thru a coin veiwing magnifying glass of the design on the front. Hope this helps also 1 of the pix is of the hook on the back.

Attachments

• buckle2 003.jpg
    buckle2 003.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 383
  • buckle2 004.jpg
    buckle2 004.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 376
  • buckle2 005.jpg
    buckle2 005.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 381

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find, Shane. Did you find at the fair grounds? I keep picturing the cowboy belt buckle too, even searched around on the www trying to find something similar. Hopefully someone can ID it better.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread