BELT MOUNT CREVICING DREDGE

Gold_Smold

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a creek that I have been working for a while just recently I found an awesome spot full of slate rock with half inch gaps. I was asked not to use a dredge in the creek and I want to respect the owners wishes. I was doing some digging around on Ebay and found this small hand pump dredge. I was wondering if anyone has used this dredge I have checked around online but haven't been able to find any reviews other than the feedback from the auction but it hasn't been very helpful. . I have uploaded a picture of the spot for you guys to drool over.

photo (2).JPG

Here is a link to the Ebay auction as well as the website where you can purchase the hand pump.

BELTMOUNT HAND DREDGE - GOLD SUCKER SLUICE NUGGET CREVICE CREVICING GOLDSUCKER | eBay

belt mount hand dredge

Upvote 0

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wow that is some muddy water, I guess underwater sniping is out of the question.

I have never tried one of those but it looks like it may work ok.

If your head is going to be out of the water you could just make one that you suck on, the feed tube goes deep into your bottle and the tube you suck on is higher and out of the way so you dont suck anything into your mouth.
This type works really well, nothing to break and it can be made for under $5 dollars depending on the tip you use and the tube that you buy. Lowes has clea 3/8" tube for 33 cents a foot.

The way I made mine was.

Mouth suction tube that I snagged from the hospital.
2' of clear 3/8" hose for mouth and 3' of clear 3/8" hose for suction tube and a 1gal Tradewinds Sweet Tea jug.
I put two holes in the lid and made sure the fit was snug and BAM, finished product. :)

Just something to think about if you dont want to spend $60 bux.

OP
OP
G

Gold_Smold

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture was taken after a heavy rain the water is usually crystal clear you can see straight to the bottom in 2 to 3 feet of water.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh well shoot, snipe those cracks. :)

Get a mask, snorkel and a wetsuit if it is cold water and get in there. :D

Check out my YouTube channel for my underwater sniping finds, here is my last video.
CrainRacing - YouTube

Navy Guy

Sep 14, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and sand sucker

Mine works great. You could make one, but not worth the trouble getting the parts together.

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
I did make one from parts i had laying around the house....... It does work and thinner attachment could easily be added.
Joe

P1010057.JPG
P1010058.JPG

OP
OP
G

Gold_Smold

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I think about it I don't think it would be too hard to make one myself. I have a question though, What is the large tubing called that is on the attached picture?

Attachments

• image-1946694734.jpg
    image-1946694734.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 302

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I think about it I don't think it would be too hard to make one myself. I have a question though, What is the large tubing called that is on the attached picture?
Propanner's don't use a large tube. For his in use, search utube 'propanner pocket dredge'.

GT.jpg

In lowes you can get the tube, but watch the rolls. Towards the middle of the roll, the tube tends to be smooshed. Then go over an aisle and they should have 1/4" copper in a 2' (maybe even 1') length for the nozzle.

Almost any sort of waterbottle should work. But if you use fittings, you probably want a wide-mouth bottle.

I'd just drill the holes slightly smaller than the OD of the tubing and that should give you a good seal.

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree but this is what i had laying around and wanted to give it a try.... I just used ribbed brass fittings with a stop in the center in the cap and pushed the tubing over it and siliconed it to be sure let it sit for 24 hours and it's fine but my next one will have the 1/4" tubing instead of the 1/2" (i think it is)..... just go into Lowes etc and look where the brass fittings are and the tubing is just below it.
Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread