Berring sea show

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will watch the first episode to give it a chance. I am afraid it's going to be just as bad as GoldRush, if not worse.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I too am looking forward to it, even if it sometimes aggravates me. :icon_scratch: Still beats the alternative viewing out there. :thumbsup:

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
I'm guessing its going to be like axe men and gold rush Alaska combined. Dramatized but still entertaining.

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I watched the first show and yes it will be similar to the other show with one exception, some of them got gold the first day out. The barge with the scoop shovel on did the best at 72Ks worth and that was with the shovel swinging side to side using the bucket like a paddle cause his power drive wasn't working. He better get that thing working, coming back in in choppy water he almost put it on the rocks. Luckily he got a tow from a fishing boat just in time. We also had our first dust up and first injury/

Have to watch a couple more to see if it's worth the whole season.

Gramps

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I like boths the shows them selves, at least I get to see the gold. I gotta get my gold fix some how...LOL

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead: Taking that monster out on the high seas with NO DRIVE was about the dumbest thang I ever seen!! Rest of the show decent with all the homie dredges and goldfarbs,wish'm all luck as last year was a tough season for one and all and some years down to 5-10 dredge days a YEAR!!! :tongue3: tons a au 2 u 2 -John

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed most of it.

Obvious Fake to me was sending the Jerk for Gas,
Then leaving without him & the Gas ?

Did they need the Fuel or Not ?

seemed to me They either Send him off Hopeing this would
Happen, Or the whole purpose was Drama & Comedy relief.

Then add the way he talked to the Owner ?
Comon' Nobody is that Foolish.

Either way I Hope he isn't a Perminant
Feature.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Sorry, But I just do not know or associate with that many disfunctional people. :BangHead: :icon_scratch: Where do they dig these characters up. :dontknow: Are they purposely trying to make the Gold Prospecting Community out to look like a bunch of in-bread and disfunctional baboons???
As for there equipment. I have seen worse but I have also seen much more professional setup rigs. This too, I feel is staging for the cameras. I do know that I and many more here on this board could build a much better and safer dredge rig, than they are showing here. :thumbsup:
Okay, I will get off the pulpit now and watch the dang thing again next week. Just like the rest of ya. :tongue3:

C

Cappy Z.

The amount of gold $70,000 plus for ONE day...compared to the other show..where red necks dig mud holes and Curley Joe from the 3 Stooges in charge of the mess...

Nov 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is one part fact two parts hype.

I was there last summer and know most of the characters.

usofau dot com

You really can make money, but it is not easy.

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
did anybody else catch a glimpse of that big bucket dredge in the fly over? looks like would be the best thing to use out there. i have a gold cold- i don't have a gold fever yet. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Escudoman

Escudoman

Jul 16, 2011
California
We watched it and my dad laughed his ass off. Said if they were like that on his dredges in Africa they'd be crocidile meat. What a bunch of baffoons. The big barge was just fricking lucky they weren't berring sea anchovies. It will be highly entertaining and a bust to laugh at. The real world of dredging does not act like that.
Gerrison and grubby

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Gettn' close to time for the REAL African op for your Popz. :notworthy: tons a au 2 him and a few pounds a tinklers too-John :hello: bonvoyage G :icon_sunny:

masterofdisaster

Jan 24, 2012
Ionia,michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the 1st episode wasnt too bad..Why the drama? who cares about someone being late as the boat pulls out and gets fired.. and why does someone always have to be billy badazz.. lets stick to the topic of dredging..personally i hope the guy running in the small boat filled with water does good..once he gets going..i mean thats something that we all could do..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread