rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if finding broken pieces all day is fun then I had a blast. I did manage to enjoy this 1 which is a reworked point to a knife. I know this from the impact fracture on the tip which actually split it in half then was reworked to what you see. It must of been calling my name cause I couldnt see it just reached down and pulled it out. Found another broken blade tip to its the tan and black one. Thought I had found the other half of the black one next to it but not that lucky. Now I have 2 beautiful tips without the bases. And 2 flake knifes rounded the day up. rock

Attachments

• SDC11405.JPG
    SDC11405.JPG
    790 KB · Views: 126
  • SDC11408.JPG
    SDC11408.JPG
    941.8 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC11410.JPG
    SDC11410.JPG
    849.9 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are really nice! Even the broken pieces - any idea how old they must be? Did you find them in or around a creek?

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a good day rock. Must be some monster pieces around there. The reworked piece reminds me of what I think they call a spokeshave in some areas? Sweet knife.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a good day rock. Must be some monster pieces around there. The reworked piece reminds me of what I think they call a spokeshave in some areas? Sweet knife.

Thanks and yes I do believe it is a spokeshave now but before it was reworked it was a Duval which is a late woodland piece. That matches the pottery I have found. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really nice! Even the broken pieces - any idea how old they must be? Did you find them in or around a creek?

Well the 2 tips I have shown to a few local people they said to be part of blades maybe Cobbs that were broken. Im saving them due to the size and hopefully the other halves arent shattered to bits. It would be nice to find the other halves in tact so I can glue them back together. This spot is a new property I have gotten permission to hunt. I cant go often due to the location and how I have to be taken to it by the owner and then picked up in the same fashion. Maybe in the summer months I can go back. Im calling it "snake creek". I call it that due to every corner there seems to be a snake and I hate snakes. Im glad I have snake boots.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good spot Rock. Would have been some nice ones. Great looking material.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks it was a long but fun day. I will let it be known the ticks are back out already. 2 months early to and they are tiny. This was Tuesday and now Saturday and I just found one on me today. About the size of a ink pen tip.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks it was a long but fun day. I will let it be known the ticks are back out already. 2 months early to and they are tiny. This was Tuesday and now Saturday and I just found one on me today. About the size of a ink pen tip.

I'm Sure it was still a good time finding something!! I will agree with the Tick comment. I have been fighting Lyme's for about 3 years and it's rough. I still go out all the time but Im starting to think its not worth it. I hope Everyone takes precautions when hunting in the woods.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got some strong repellent and if I had known they were out already I would of used it. Thanks for all the replies, hope to get back out soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions