Best Birthday Present Ever!

D

DeepWoodsEvan

A few days after my birthday I checked a construction site after work and spied what looked like a gin bottle sticking out partially down a big hole. The hole was at least 20 feet deep with vertical sides where they had uncovered the old Nashville sewer line. In work attire (best shoes, shirt, pants) I saddled a steel beam and crawled out to retrieve it. The way the beam and the terrain angled I ended about 5 feet from the street level with about a 15ft fall to the brown water below. Pulling it out of the side I couldn't believe my eyes. A Cathedral Pickle Jar! It was at this point the guy who goaded me into crawling out on the beam told me that even if I fell to my death, I had to protect that bottle. Fearing that I couldn't turn around easily I stood up on the beam and pulled myself up to the street level. It's not the normal Cathedral Pickle in that it’s a little over 7 inches in length. What may have ended as a tragic bottle hunting story turned out to be my best day EVER. I can't find a good image of such a bottle online so I'm turning to you guys for your thoughts. Either Way, it’s a cool bottle that won't ever leave my collection. I couldn’t have asked for a better 18th birthday present!
~Evan~

Attachments

• July 25th 008.jpg
    July 25th 008.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 343

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread