best coin identifying book

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Does anyone have any suggestions on a book. I am looking for a book that I can look up coins that I find mainly if I find a coin I can look up the type of Coin and date and see if there is any rare variants or if there are particular ones that are valuable.
For example I found a 1942 mercury dime. If I were to look it up I want to see that there was an over date on coins that year. Any suggestions.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Fireguy; Buy the R.S. Yeoman Red Book. You can find it at any reputable coin shop or go online. It is basically the Bile of coins. It also tells you how to Grade your coins fairly accurately and it lists the prices in General ok. It covers all US coins from the 1500's - Present ok. You won't go wrong with it. Price is about $18. ok. I hope this helps. PEACE:RONB

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Standard Catalog of World Coins will work for the rest.....at least the last 200-300 years or so. It's pretty pricey new but sometimes you can find a used one that is a few years old. Once you I.D. the coin, you can look it up online to get a current value.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions