Best coin shooter

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
No way. You will get fan boys from all the makes saying theirs is the best. My personal take is how many doodads you want on your machine? Some of them get downright frustrating with all the programming you have to do to make them do what you want. If you don't want a brain annuerism, stick with something with less bells and whistles and you will get about the same results (don't buy yourself an off brand name though, you get what you pay for).

T

T-Rex

If you're looking for the one which will pay for itself first, I'd say it's got to be the ACE 250...

E

Einstein

yes the ace is known for its coin shootin abilities/ many options/ low price. I personally have a different machine which I thought was pretty good UNTIL my friend brought over his very old garrett treasure ace 100 he got for $20 at a yard sale. Man when you put that thing on coins that is exactly what you find. While my detector is going nuts his is simply beeping very solid on coins. Every hole he dug was a coin. I ended up following him around and using mine to pinpoint and tell what exactly it was! I would surely pick a garrett over my current more expensive brand anyday if I was coin hunting. Just my opinion but if this old ace 100 can find that many coins I am sure that the New Ace250 will be your coinshooting machine until you get addicted and get a $1000 one.... As someone said before find a dealer and buy from him instead of online (if you can) because then you have someone to take it to when there are problems or questions. Plus you can get a hands on feel of the machine and maybe even play in his test garden! If the price is more than online just tell him that and he will likely match the price. Good luck

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Experience on the unit your pinpointing skills and your digging skills will all have to come together also if you want to recover lots of coins. There's lots of coin eating machine's. It's the users behind them that make the difference. I'll take my dfx against any machine out there. It's what one know's is what makes the difference.

I don't clad hunt. But when I did I found hundreds of coins. I am stricktly a old coin and relic hunter. More ground to cover and less finds. I like quality over quantity.

HH Jeremy

OP
OP
M

mike98000

Jun 10, 2005
How do you hunt old coins and not clad? Can the DFX tell old coins from clad accurately?

T

T-Rex

You dig deeper in this 95 degree 100% humidity... then you pass out from heat stroke... :D

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
You are asking for one's Bias. My bias is the Explorer 11 as the best coin shooter for depth and ID.

George

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ACE 250 has got to be the best pure coin shooting machine on the market today. Many many detectorists never go beyond the coin shooting stage and for them that is all the machine they will ever need. I have a Garrett GTI 2500 and I am comfortable that it will do everything I ask of it within reason. How does it compare to other brands? I don't really know but it suits me fine. Fisher seems to have a great deal of the high end market in my part of the country and I saw more of them at the Club Hunt I attended than any other brand. There was a couple of kids at the hunt that were using the ACE and they beat me with my $800.00+ machine! All brands claim to be the best, the deepest, the smartest, etc., but I don't know that one is any better than the other. Like someone said, your machine is probably the best to you. JIM,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread