Best "Coin Spill" find for me happened tonight!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Best "Coin Spill" find for me happened tonight!

Wow... what an evening! My daughter had softball practice tonight, and I "happened" to bring the Yeller Feller with me. She went to the field; I walked across the street to an expanse of freshly mowed grass. Used for overflow parking and neighborhood activities.

Anyway, started out at the back of the Taurus and found a penny right off the bat. Went a bit further and discovered massive amounts of shredded cans, so I decided to head up towards some big old trees.

Nothing around them but more junk, so I start making a straight line back towards the car and the wonderful resonating tones of MONEY! So much so in fact, that I thought something was wrong with the machine. I mean, this thing was bouncing everywhere from nickel to penny to dime and to quarter. I kept swinging and it kept up the singing. "Well", I thought, "Won't know what it is unless I start digging".

So, I finally get the Ace 250 to lock onto 1 single target. Turn up some soil and there lays 37 cents. Cool... nice little spill I say to myself. I scan the area again, and the machine isn't any quieter than when I started!

After all was said and done hunting this small 1' x 2' area.....

Twenty two coins with a value of $2.49!!! My best coin spill find to date!

Attachments

• 052505coinspillfind.jpg
    052505coinspillfind.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Re: Best "Coin Spill" find for me happened tonight!

Cool little "coin soill"!! I bet it felt like it waS never gonna end in that small of an area, nice find. Good luck on your next hunt.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Funny how coins tend to clump like that. I recently explored an old highschool smoke hole we used in my youth. I found several dollars worth of clad all in an area about 4' square. The other coins I found were scattered sparsely about the area. Since smoking on school property was forbidden several years ago I got to noticing that from that very spot you could see a teacher coming from two different directions around the building, just in time to snuff your smoke and play innocent. There is method to madness I suppose? JIM

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Its so nice to find a little spot like that.Were they deep or close to the surface? I found 13 qt's last week in a 2 ft. sq. that was right at the surface on a bank.HH

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was a great time indeed!

JARMAN:

Were they deep or close to the surface?

They were all just about a half to an inch deep, so it was a very easy recovery. They had been there at least a year or two I would say. The newest coin in the bunch was a 2001 penny, so I guess they could have been in the ground a even a little longer than that.

MICHIGAN BADGER:

I'd sure like to find a silver spill.

Oh, I was telling myself the very same thing last night! Imagine this being all pre-64 stuff! That would be cool!

MYSTRO7:

I bet it felt like it waS never gonna end in that small of an area

That's exactly right... I would pull out two or three coins, swing and get the same response, pull out two or three more, and do it all over again. I know I spent at least 20 minutes at this spot. When it went dead, I just stood straight up and grinned!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice haul!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread