Best CRW Banks

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, so I know you guys are not going to want to spill all your secrets of the banks that give you the best results but I want to ask a general question about picking banks with the best chance of finding old rolls. When I picked up one of my recent nickle boxes, I was told by the teller I have a better chance of finding older rolls from banks that don't move a lot of coin. She said this because Chase is apparently one of the larger banks so I'm less likely to find old rolls in their vaults. First of all, what are your thoughts on her comment as I know sometimes tellers do not tell the whole truth? Second of all, if you're willing to say in the forums, which specific bank chains are more likely to have old rolls and if you don't want to state the specific banks, are there any things about a bank that will help identify it as one that would hold rolls for a while other than just visiting each and asking for CWRs?

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Her bank may move a lot of coin- the chase a few blocks down the road might not
There is NO right bank or wrong bank for oredering or finding coins- hunt all the banks you can thats the best and only advice I can give you- you just never know when someone will dump a collection at any bank

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
There is a desire to inject some rhyme and reason into randomness.

The only thing you can to do to improve your yield is to increase your volume.
How do you increase your luck? Prayer?

I find the best branch is the one that just took in Grandpa's coin collection.
Grandpa died and Grandma decides that today is the day to cash in the old dirty coins at face value.

You know how motels have vacancy signs that light up?
What if banks had a sign for silver or old coins? ;)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey HH, here's what ya do, 5578589(*(^*&^*((*(*&UIYHCJKHCSDKH, well, I was gonna tell ya but Chuck Norris just came in and smashed my face into the keyboard. HH, Maverick.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alright, so I know you guys are not going to want to spill all your secrets of the banks that give you the best results but I want to ask a general question about picking banks with the best chance of finding old rolls. When I picked up one of my recent nickle boxes, I was told by the teller I have a better chance of finding older rolls from banks that don't move a lot of coin. She said this because Chase is apparently one of the larger banks so I'm less likely to find old rolls in their vaults. First of all, what are your thoughts on her comment as I know sometimes tellers do not tell the whole truth? Second of all, if you're willing to say in the forums, which specific bank chains are more likely to have old rolls and if you don't want to state the specific banks, are there any things about a bank that will help identify it as one that would hold rolls for a while other than just visiting each and asking for CWRs?

No bank is more likely to have old rolls then another. There is no secret. Heres why. Lets say bank x is a small town bank and bank y is a larger bank with a lot more traffic. More people walking into bank y means more likely the chance of a person bringing in rolls of halves. Mean while bank x has less foot traffic but sits on inventory longer. The rolls you get from banks are rolls customers brought in not rolls they ordered in 1963 that are still sitting in there vault .Now mean while bank w that has more traffic than x but less than bank y just had a customer bring in 8 rolls of franklin halves. Get the picture? Right place right time is all its about. hH

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There are three regions banks by my house all within about 15 minutes of each other. For some reason they always seem to have several CWR. I have had some pretty consistent small scores from them. Sadly I can't get to those banks as often as I would like because of where they are located.

OP
OP
H

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger. I kind of figured that was the case about banks in general. I'll keep checking for cwrs periodically. I did learn today that our local credit union takes in cwrs from what they called "club accounts" and hold them until they fill a $1000 bag worth. That may be something to experiment with. I'll also try and increase my volume. Thanks as always guys.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I will let you in on my secret. Here are the best banks:

Comerica
Independent Bank
Aeroquip CU

Oh...and Lasalle

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask if they have a coin counting machine. If they don't, they probably have some CWR.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey HH, ok, now that I got the humor out of the way, good banks to look in would be by retirement communities, retirement homes, and I have had good luck in big cities where it is busy or the banks have to be walked into like the banks in Walmart and such. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread