Best Day Ever - The Money Tree Produces Silver and Wheat!!

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
I had the best day detecting today that I have ever had. I tried a few hours to detect and decided to try a couple of new sites. One is located close to where I work. They tore down half a block of houses to make room for more parking. The parking lot didn't take up all the room, so there was at least one lot where a house used to stand. I was afraid that there was a lot of fill dirt added along with re-landscaping. That proved to be the case. I came up with only a dime and a penny, along with a Matchbox 'Modified Racer'.

After wasting an hour there, I decided to try another lot that has been for sale for a couple of years. It used to hold two older houses that were torn down a few years ago. I know this lot would also have a lot of fill dirt. However, within a minute of detecting, I got a solid penny sound on the Ace 250. I dug it and found a 1958 wheatie (only my 13th ever). This got me excited, so I decided to watch more closely to see what I could find. I made three passes over the lot, going from the back of the lot to what used to be a driveway. I found some old pop cans, then decided to check out a tree at the front of the lot.

The-Money-Tree.jpg

I found a couple of memorial pennies on top of the ground, then I started working my way towards the back of the lot, and soon found a 1944 Mercury dime about 3 to 4 inches down.

1944 Mercury Dime Obverse.jpg

1944 Mercury Dime Reverse.jpg

At this point, I started checking very closely to see what would show up. I got a mixed signal, the indicator was bouncing around between dime, quarter and half dollar. I decided to dig it, just to see what it was. About an inch down was a 1945 Walking Liberty Half Dollar!

1945 Half Dollar Obverse.jpg

1945 Half Dollar Reverse.jpg

Now I definitely worked slowly. I recovered three more wheat pennies (a 1944D, 1954D and a 1958 D) numbers 14, 15 and 16 for me.

Wheat Pennies Obverse.jpg

Wheat Pennies Reverse.jpg

The amazing thing was that I found a quarter (1970) a nickel (1970) and a dime (not sure of date, but I did have a 1970 among the dates I found) on top of the ground, as well as nine more pennies and three more dimes buried around this tree.

It almost seemed as though the tree was producing money, then it would fall onto the ground, and when it matured, it would turn into wheat or silver.

I ran out of time to hunt the rest of the lot, but you can bet I will be returning soon to check the rest of it out!

Finds.jpg

Happy hunting, all!

Keep the fever high.

Dr. Ace

Upvote 0
R

robbuckalew

That is fantastic... get back to that spot ASAP :thumbsup:

congrats

OP
OP
Dr. Ace

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Thanks Rob,

I hope to get back there as soon as I can. I'll let you know if I find anything else worthwhile!

Thanks RonC,

I love big silver, too. This was my first half dollar, so it is very special to me. It's cool that it was the last year they made the Walking Liberty!

hh,

Dr. Ace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread