Upvote 0

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For me the Makro Racer 2 looks like the best cosmetically designed metal detector out there by far just by looks, display, features alone, other then performance, just the way it looks and probably feel and weight considerably.

Looks so sexy.

If you ask me the CTX 3030 is most aesthecially pleasing, closely followed by the minelab go-finds because their folding mechanism is pretty nice.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the design and weight of the Deus. The CTX is well balanced, but, not a big fan of the battery design. The display glare can be a problem too. The Excalibur, once modified with a pin point switch, straight shaft, and decent headphones, is a nice design too. :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Deus... sleek, collapsible, worlds lightest, wireless.

The 21st century has arrived, come on in from the cold!

beep1971

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be hard to argue against the Deus, after that i love the straight telescopic stock designs in carbon fiber.

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The MX Sport for land or fresh water.It's comfortable,powerful,built like a tank and all around versatile...a real step up from my old Fisher F-2.For working in the saltwater my Tesoro Sandshark is my go to detector.I put the Tesoro control box on a Whites straight shaft with a tall man lower rod and it's perfect in the water ( try it,fits perfect. ).I also own a Whites Dual Field Surf PI and am greatly disappointed with it's design as the coil and control box floats like a cork.It's powerful though.My idea of a perfect water detector design would be the circuitry of the Whites Dual Field PI in a Fisher CZ-20 control box...waterproof to 250 ft. and the battery compartment is separate from the circuit board...also it's slightly negative in buoyancy.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to give it to the Fisher F-75

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife caught me sleeping with my Black F75 LTD SE. 8-) I am hoping that I do not get served any papers this week. :tongue3:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who really cares about looks it's not a fashion show, as long as it finds the good stuff and goes deep it could look like a cruddy box for all I care. I guess I'm not out there to impress anyone, just there for the good old stuff. HH

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I treat my machines just like my women, I abus... uh...uh...nevermind that, we're talkin bout looks. She's been rode hard, and has gained a few years, but yeah, she still looks good when the light is dim. :tongue3:

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, the Minelab Go Pro Series and their CTX 3030 does look like very well design products..yes, I don't think the Deus is up there though just my .02, regardless of it's weight and wireless features.. but knew I was going to here on these lines!! I wanted to mention the Makro Racer 2 as I think it very well designed for what you get for the price..and have to say the Minelab Go Pro Series you are getting alote for the price for sure... hence the reason why I posted this as I wanted everyone to weigh in on this, and knew that I was going to be lots said on the Minelab and XP products here, but wanted to get the Makro in here as I realize the XP Deus and Minelab are likely more popular detectors over the Makro here..still sexy lil unit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who really cares about looks it's not a fashion show, as long as it finds the good stuff and goes deep it could look like a cruddy box for all I care. I guess I'm not out there to impress anyone, just there for the good old stuff. HH

My original intent to post this was NOT to include an all round about feature set on any detector, I hear you, and wanted to only include what a company has spent their time and due diligence in making a detector but focusing on just what the post was intended on...well constructed design, that's all. I am a Tesoro user and feel that if they came out with another detector that they would likely need to consider this on there new line that is all, and that goes to say with other competitors out there as well they would need to be cognitive of design somewhat here..

Thank for posting your opnions, I do appreciate what people are thinking.

HH

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For me the Makro Racer 2 looks like the best cosmetically designed metal detector out there by far just by looks, display, features alone, other then performance, just the way it looks and probably feel and weight considerably.

Looks so sexy.
Take a look at it again. The engineer/designer should be shot, lol. What about us poor lefties? Still think the design was engineered properly?

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the design, balance and weight of the XP Deus is tops in my book. When I first saw the CTX3030 I thought it was the ugliest detector out there and still think so. BUT it picks out the silver like a beast, that is why I own 2!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I would take a cz21 and produce a surf model that would be water proof up to 10 feet. It would be lighter and cheaper to own. Unless your scuba diving you don't need something capable of going 250 feet down. My guess is the majority of the cz21's are used in the surf. So why not make a model for the surf only?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd like to see a new Sovereign come out with all the bells and whistles, LCD Target ID and waterproof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread