All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flip a coin! Good luck and happy hunting!

richeysd76

Oct 28, 2013
spotsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Garrett at pro, fisher f4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only one of them I've used is the f2. Its pretty much turn on and go.Very good machine for the money you can't go wrong.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our
a white's coin master 199.99 free shipping out the door
white's electronics Google and read the product reviews if it's like any of their low-end detector it should will reach down over 2" on a 12' cast iron skillet that's on your knees chest on the ground arm all the way in there hole there even dirt on your chin you have to reach so fare down their. Give white's a call it says 8 plus inches on coin size target but that's standard on all entire level white's sound an id is like non-other... there a video to watch on there web page check out the Christmas specials...good luck on what ever brand you buy, but white's dominate in my arsenal of detectors
there no way of getting away from dirty knee elbows and fingers in this sport....post your find build a test garden and remember the three S's size shape and sound that's from the the Old Sly fox over on the white's forum. wish i was out now

liftloop

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EuroTek Pro by far!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
go on youtube and watch videos of each.you are going to hear the sounds it makes ALOT.dont get one you dont loke the sound of.my wifes f2 has been very good for us.I have no expierience with the others.
good luck,happy hunting and most of all...welcome !!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed, flip a coin.
Don't forget that whichever machine you choose, you will NEED, a quality pinpointer. It's a must have.
GL
Peace

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have all 3 and for coin shooting my favorite is the EUROTEK PRO %100!

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Kellyco bet they can do a great bundle for you. 888-535-5926 Great customer service too!

OP
OP
Z

ZAPete

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fore your advice & comments guys... even the cheeky ones ;)
Since I'm in South Africa, I imagine whichever one I decide to buy, I'll have to work via the local agents.
Not too sure what e.g. Kellyco's or Whites views would be on bypassing their local agent (@Papalittle & liftloop)
PS: I'm pretty sure I've figured out at least 3 Universal Truths re: Metal Detecting:
1) You will need to get on ur knees.
2) You will get dirty.
3) You will find trash, no matter which detector u use.

What can I say... I'm a quick study..lol

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get you an xpointer also!

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I recommend using the F2, I used it last year and it got some nice depth and very accurate item ID.

Coinman123,

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know you didn't ask about this model...but I love my Tesoro Silver uMax I just got a couple of weeks ago. I've owned and sold my F2, Delta 4000 and Ace 250. I know they are all good detectors for their price range, but I found myself spending more time fiddling with menus, soft buttons and looking at "sort of" accurate discrimination info on the screens then actually concentrating on my swing and covering my grids. The uMax is a joy. I usually start with little or no discrimination and just thumb the discrimination knob on targets to help me decide to dig or not. I still have a lot to learn about it, but the simplicity of its design has allowed me to enjoy my detecting time much more. And don't be fooled by its simple and compact size...just Google the reviews. HH

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure which of those 3 I'd pick, but when it comes time to make a purchase I'd highly recommend buying it from a local dealer if possible. They will be able to give you hands on instruction as how to use it, what each setting may do and how it will affect the outcome. He or she may also have a test bed so you can hear what it typically sounds like in action, and more importantly how the detector feels while you are holding it, proper balance goes a long ways toward a day of comfort versus wanting to throw it in the closet.

Mike

OP
OP
Z

ZAPete

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you didn't ask about this model...but I love my Tesoro Silver uMax I just got a couple of weeks ago. I've owned and sold my F2, Delta 4000 and Ace 250. I know they are all good detectors for their price range, but I found myself spending more time fiddling with menus, soft buttons and looking at "sort of" accurate discrimination info on the screens then actually concentrating on my swing and covering my grids. The uMax is a joy. I usually start with little or no discrimination and just thumb the discrimination knob on targets to help me decide to dig or not. I still have a lot to learn about it, but the simplicity of its design has allowed me to enjoy my detecting time much more. And don't be fooled by its simple and compact size...just Google the reviews. HH

Haven't even been able to find a local distributor for Tesoro in South Africa Clay Slayer, so after sales/ service might be a problem...

But appreciate the advice!

OP
OP
Z

ZAPete

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure which of those 3 I'd pick, but when it comes time to make a purchase I'd highly recommend buying it from a local dealer if possible. They will be able to give you hands on instruction as how to use it, what each setting may do and how it will affect the outcome. He or she may also have a test bed so you can hear what it typically sounds like in action, and more importantly how the detector feels while you are holding it, proper balance goes a long ways toward a day of comfort versus wanting to throw it in the closet.

Mike

That was my thinking too BC 1969. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread