cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so I understand, the Tiger Shark doesn't work well in salt water?
What detector would work well in salt water under $1,000?
Looks like your detector budget got a boost, huh? You can get a good used Excalibur with a sand scoop for under $1000. As for new, the Garrett AT Gold and the Fisher 1280x will work also but not as well in my opinion. You can also find many PI models for under a grand but they don't descriminate.....they go deep though.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your detector budget got a boost, huh? You can get a good used Excalibur with a sand scoop for under $1000. As for new, the Garrett AT Gold and the Fisher 1280x will work also but not as well in my opinion. You can also find many PI models for under a grand but they don't descriminate.....they go deep though.....

Don't forget to figure in a beach scoop into your budget, your going to need one. DO NOT waste your money on a cheap sand scoop, you will break it or destroy it trying to dig in the wet sand and in the water.... A good water scoop will run you $125-$200 depending on if new or used, and the size and style you buy..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just so I understand, the Tiger Shark doesn't work well in salt water?
What detector would work well in salt water under $1,000?

Tesoro Sand Shark (Pulse Induction) $600.00
Whites Dual Field (Pulse Induction) $800.00
Fisher CZ 21 (Multi-Frequency) $1,150.00
Minelab Sovereign GT (Multi-Frequency) $1,100.00

OP
OP
C

captd

Greenie
Aug 4, 2012
Terry Soloman said:
Tesoro Sand Shark (Pulse Induction) $600.00
Whites Dual Field (Pulse Induction) $800.00
Fisher CZ 21 (Multi-Frequency) $1,150.00
Minelab Sovereign GT (Multi-Frequency) $1,100.00

Thank you for the information. I have been checking out the Sand Shark and I will probably get that one.
Have you used the Garrett Sea Hunter MK II? If so, what do you think?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for the information. I have been checking out the Sand Shark and I will probably get that one.
Have you used the Garrett Sea Hunter MK II? If so, what do you think?

Overpriced. It is no better than the Sand Shark, and harder to use. If you are going the Pulse Induction route, stay with either the Whites or Tesoro units.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry can not wait to start digging and as I see the shrink as well so not new to that VA seen. I want to thank you for serving as I am a brother in arms as well.
Thank you, Eagle. I must say though, my first thank you (I'm a Viet Vet) was in '93 and the great people here at Tnet have INUNDATED me with thank yous and I have lost count of the number. Life is good! Terry

eagle927

Nov 10, 2012
Evansville,IN
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Eagle. I must say though, my first thank you (I'm a Viet Vet) was in '93 and the great people here at Tnet have INUNDATED me with thank yous and I have lost count of the number. Life is good! Terry

Amen Terry, me here I am a Iraq war #1 90-91 here did 13 years before I got hurt and they made me get out on a medical just wished I could of finished the other 7yrs. They could of put me behind a desk but that was not in there discussion.

Hey guys and gals I picked this up today figured it would be good for MD to keep finds and tools in get them while supply's last not a bad price any where else you will pay 50 or more. Just passing along a good buy.

EDC Everyday Carry Tactical Sling Pack Bug Out Bag Gethome Bag Backpack | eBay

8-)8-)8-)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread