Best Detector for the money?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
how much money? what kind of hunting do you plan to do? (coinshooting, relic hunting, prospecting,beach hunting). there are a lot of good machines out there, but none that do it all perfectly.perhaps we can narrow it down a little.

OP
OP
B

bassstrat

Greenie
Nov 20, 2006
I would probably be looking more for coins/relics,but maybe some beach hunting.I live in a old "River Town"that has lots of history and have found lots of old bottles along the river,but I live just a few miles from Myrtle beach.Thanks,Bassstrat

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass, I am no expert by a longshot and am kinda new to this site. I owned a bounty hunter and and old old whites machine for several years. The price was too good to pass down at the time...30 bucks invested in both. I piddled around with them and found a few coins and heaps of trash. It didn't discourage me so I did quite a bit of research on detectors in the price range I could afford...which with a son at the College of Charleston...didn't leave a lot left over. I ended up getting a Garrett Ace 250....I got it Wed night and of course had to try it out right away. Took it to the front yard with a screwdriver and flashlight and found a quarter and 2 pennies.....I know i have been over the yard a 1000 times with the older ones. It was $212 and I think I made the right choice for the money.....U might want to check out the forums on all the machines. A lot of great reviews. The best of luck to you.
Randy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread